B15 Sentra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the highest speed reached by a 00 Sentra SE with a JWT ECU? It would also be nice to know of any other mods.

just curious...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fishman719:
I was wondering what the highest speed reached by a 00 Sentra SE with a JWT ECU? It would also be nice to know of any other mods.

just curious...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, there is no JWT ECU for the 2000 Sentra Se. JWT hasnt even finished making the ECU's for the 98-99. Stock fuel cutoff is @109 which ive hit on few occasion.

------------------
-Josh

[This message has been edited by DarKsiDe_SE (edited January 12, 2001).]

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
109 mph? I've reached 126 in my SE. What about everyone else? I'm sure we've done this topic already...

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, Manual
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
126!!

I haven't had mine pegged very often, but the fastest I've reached is ~100mph...once I got there, it didn't want to go any faster.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
I don't understand seriously.. I got my GXE with my mods to 121 after some real serious hauling arse in Arizona on my way to Virginia. There must be something wrong with something, and I have no idea why.

------------------
Marvin

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really haven't had it running in warm weather, but I don't know how much of a factor that plays.

FYI: I don't have any mods and I use 87 octane.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
My GXE had a Greddy Cat back, Injen MAF with K&N Filter, Sprint Springs and 17" Konigs. My SE is totally and completely stock. Anyone else have a low gas cut-off or anything similar?

------------------
Marvin

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
No fuel cutoff that I know of, and I have a video to prove it (no you can't see it). I've reached 120-125 or so, was paying attention to the road so I am not entirely sure how fast I was going, but the RS I was racing around and sweeping left said we were going that fast.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter (not yet installed)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by david:
No fuel cutoff that I know of, and I have a video to prove it (no you can't see it). I've reached 120-125 or so, was paying attention to the road so I am not entirely sure how fast I was going, but the RS I was racing around and sweeping left said we were going that fast.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This might be a gay question, but...How much pick-up did it have after it reached 100?

The reason I ask is when I last tried letting my SE run, it stayed right at 100 for several seconds...I just thought she was done. Maybe I was just driving it like a girly-man, lol.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Actually, I had pretty good pick up after 100 mph. Seemed like she wanted to run faster, up until 117 or so, then it started to have a hard time. My old GXE had problems at around 109 about, then creeped to 121 mph. I can't imagine putting on that Stromung exhaust, JWT intake, and maybe that gas cap holder.. Watch up peoples!

Hey, I don't drive fast very often......just all the time.

------------------
Marvin

·
Resigned
411 Posts
I have it 130 in mine, with a little help of a down hill.....on straights its gone to 125.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fishman719:

just curious...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package,5spd,Granite
Mods: Place Racing Cold Air Intake, Strobe lights in headlights, SMC STS, Gas cap holder, BridgeStone RE730 205x55/16s, Timing Advance @18 degrees, Mobil 1 5w30
Stereo: Panasonic CQ-DF800U, Panasonic 8disc Changer, Infinity Kappa Components up front, Infinity Kappa 6.5 2 ways rear, 2 12" Infinity Perfect 12.1 Subs, JBL BP1200.1 Amp, Pioneer GM-X944 amp, 2 Lighting Audio 1f caps, all Street Wires, and over 1800 watts (when completed).

G

·
I've had my car to about 100MPH once, and it seemed like it was getting out of its element. It's weird because my old '86 Acura Legend would literally cruise at 110MPH all day long. It loved to go fast. The Sentra seems to weeze at bit at that speed.

Maybe I'll do a speed run this weekend to see where I can get it to. We have a lot of really good back roads to test the upper limits of top speed.

Unfortunetly, with me living at 1 mile high, I doubt I will be able to post numbers quite as high as you guys. Overcoming aerodynamic drag takes HP, and you lose quite a bit at this altitude.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I am going to try to get a good run in this weekend too. I don't have to worry about the altitude, but it is hard to find a good stretch of road.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I hit 132mph.
Just one open highway...little hill.

------------------
"You can catch me on the NJ Parkway, I'm always there, just keep
a lookout." "Holla back, ya heard?!?"
------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/PP Granite, Manual,
Tinted Windows, Alpine CDA-7965 Unit,
PPI PC6600 Amp

·
Registered
32 Posts
Only had my 01 SE/PP/AUTO.(no mods) for a few weeks but had it to 100 once. It got there so easy and felt so solid, I have a hard time imagining it being too tough to hit 125.
I have driven every new Z car at 100mph plus since about 1981, and I have to say that this little car is very nice at speed (also had a couple of 944's including one 'S' model) and is really a pleasure to drive (when I can get it away from my wife!).

·
Registered
62 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Backstop:
....also had a couple of 944's including one 'S' model.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You had a COUPLE of 944's!!!!!

I hope that you still have at least one of those legendary handling machines?

What did you do w/ the 944S if you don't mind me asking?

Oh one last thing, if you could afford a Porsche, what are you doing here? This is not meant as a slight.

I knew someone who once owned a 944 Turbo.
He lost it in the divorce.

------------------
911 / 944 Turbo, F355, F40, early Ferrari's, Z06 Vette, RX7, WRX, Lingenfelter Viper, 300ZX, AC Cobra, GT40, Copo Camaro's, Countach, McLaren F1, '70 Challenger T/A, Parnelli Jones Mustang, any Mustang's up to '69, Eleanor [Gone 60 sec], whatever Carroll Shelby touches...
oh...I'm supposed to list the car I HAVE, not what I would LIKE to have! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got up to approx. 123 mph twice. I have an auto SE, no PP. It get's up to 110 really quick, around the shift of 3rd to 4th, but then after that the auto can't keep the rpms up (stupid O/D), so it takes more distance to get up that high, and by then I'm in trafic. Funny thing too, anyone try the cruise control? I think it refuses to engage around 110 as well. Above all, I was impressed that the car seemed very stable at those speeds.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I've had mine at around 120 so far never tried to push it any harder than that since,,,,,,maybe when the warmer weather comes back and all this salt is off the road i'll run it faster

------------------
Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors......

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.