B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for sure? I'm thinking of putting some components in the front, and I want to make sure that they will fit without major alterations.

I know the factory speakers are very shallow (1 15/16), and most components seem to use a 2 3/4 inch depth. Does anyone know if this will fit?

Thanks,

E

------------------

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
check you owners manual.... the specs might be in there

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Not so sure. That's a big difference between 1 15/16 and 2 3/4. The deeper mounting components might wreak havoc on your windows.

[This message has been edited by SR20DE 2K (edited February 21, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
well according to what Russ has posted in prior threads he said you have to either get or make and plate that raises the speaker out so it does fit or the window will not operate properly,,,check out some of the older threads and you'll see what i'm talking about

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
he talks about it in here check it out http://www.b15sentra.net/cgi-bin/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000069.html

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Resigned
411 Posts
I had to make a piece of wood and plastic spacer for my front componets I had in my car. Its 1 inch thick. I have the Infinity Kappa 2 way components, so find the specs on that, and that will tell u how much space u can use. I forget how deep they are off hand.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EKierce:
Does anyone know for sure? I'm thinking of putting some components in the front, and I want to make sure that they will fit without major alterations.

I know the factory speakers are very shallow (1 15/16), and most components seem to use a 2 3/4 inch depth. Does anyone know if this will fit?

Thanks,

E

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package,5spd,Granite
Strobe lights in headlights, SMC STS, Gas cap holder, BridgeStone RE730 205x55/16s, Timing Advance @18 degrees, Mobil 1 5w30

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
hey russ.... i have 2 6 1/2 kappa component systems... the 60.2cs i believe... for the front and back (2front tweets,2front doors, 2back tweets, 2 back) am i going to have problems getting these installed???????? will the fit for the front and back???

i realize there is no place for the back tweets.... that why i have to get them custom installed

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Resigned
411 Posts
Same model I have for the front. It's a must for the front. You need to have the spacer. I would find a piece of wood, 3/4 at least to make the spacer. The rears are fine. They fit perfectly in there. At least my 6 3/4 did.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDsr20de858:
hey russ.... i have 2 6 1/2 kappa component systems... the 60.2cs i believe... for the front and back (2front tweets,2front doors, 2back tweets, 2 back) am i going to have problems getting these installed???????? will the fit for the front and back???

i realize there is no place for the back tweets.... that why i have to get them custom installed

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package,5spd,Granite
Strobe lights in headlights, SMC STS, Gas cap holder, BridgeStone RE730 205x55/16s, Timing Advance @18 degrees, Mobil 1 5w30

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i see.. thanks for the info.... now i know what to do for that install

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts