B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just want this to be confirmed. The magan flow website confirms that they got 7.6hp and 10.6tq to the wheels. Ok I 've seen other threads that claim you will not get more then 4-5 hp from your cat-back. Is this legit or they just trying to get b15 owners to buy the cat-back. Since they know we are trying to get hp out of the mods. I'm planning on getting the Greddy and looking at the hp that I've heard is only like 4-5 from it. Then the magna would easily double it. But we all no that the Geddy is the best sound for the buck and I'm looking at the sound and hp. For those who have the magna flow confirm this. Is it really 7-8 hp and 10.6tq to the wheels or is this over rated. Also has anyone dynoed the magna flow cat-back.

·
Registered
730 Posts
my opinion.... 339 for manga-flow

or 450+ for greddy

both are great quality exhausts... but the mangaflow is all stainless steel, the greddy will RUST... it's aluminized steel. I would say the magnaflow is the best investment all around. I think the tip looks better too... those big can muffler/4" tip things you see on the greddy don't look good on our cars IMHO.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i got a magna flow cat-back instead of the greddy. why pay that much more for an exhaust when both companies have great reputations. besides, i'm no fan of a 4 inch tip on a muffler. the magna flow has a nice low rumble sound to it...that was what i was lookin for. probably not much different from the greddy but i have no regrets spending less money on my cat-back. and regarding the whole hp thing, the only thing i noticed is the overall gain. just a lil more on the mid-upper rpms. 5hp would be a number i'd throw out there.

·
Vibrant Blue Army
64 Posts
Anyone got a pic of the magnaflow ?...there website doesn't post a pic for it?...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah the magnaflow does look nice. I've heard a greddy sound clip. Does anyone have a magnaflow spound clip. Does the intake over power the magnaflow cause on the greddy clip I heard you can hear the intake taking over. I'm really not looking for a loud exhaust just wondering what takes over more (sound that is). I'm a big fan of the single tip so its hard to say and yes you do have a point on teh rust I already no that. Thats the only prob. with the Greddy. Also I believe the greddy is 2"3/8 to 2" 5/8 to which the magnaflow is 2" 1/4 all the way. So which would get more power when adding more bolt ons.. Thinking Greddy right!!!

$100 dollars cheaper.. SS piping its hard to choose.. Help out Guys.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whats the website on $339. I remember seeing it but forgot it. The magnaflow website has it at $444.

·
f0rum z0mbie
781 Posts
Just a little FYI

I am actually trying to get this cat-back for cheaper then the $339.75 price on www.hottexhaust.com from a different company I'm working with.

I'll let you know what I come up with if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jars2672

I'm interested if you can get it for less then $339.75

Good thing I looked at this, I was just about to order it from that website.

Getting my recall done tommorow.. So hit me back if you can get it cheaper..

1 - 20 of 85 Posts