B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys i ordered a z32 maf and original plug and wires...putting it on my qr25de-t....anyone know how to wire this thing up? also i have an safc2...anyone know what the settings would be? 04 out 06 in? any info is appreciated!

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
a z32 maf is a hw2 also I don't think the qr25de is a hw6. The qr25 maf is almost the same size as the maxima maf so I would think it would be a hw4. Also the input is the number of the maf being used and the output would be the number of the stock maf that the ecm is programmed for.

so

in hw2(z32) out hw4(qr25de?)

here is some info on it.
http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=40404

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
NiceGuy said:
Blah, I thought the Z32 was HW6, not HW2. HW6 is the stock MAF! Oops, mixed them up.

I thought that hw6 was only for the sr20de maf. I know the qr25de maf is larger, but I have never measured the diameter to know its exact size. This is why I think the qr25 maf would be hw4.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm so the z32 maf works for the new b15 se sr20 maf's?

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
RedVRy81 said:
hmm so the z32 maf works for the new b15 se sr20 maf's?

I have not seen any one use a z32 maf on a b15 with out a jwt b14 ecu. this does not mean its not possible if wired up properly.The only problem would be if the ecm did not like the maf. this would cause a code and limp mode.

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
RedVRy81 said:
hmmm maybe i should try a different maf? cobra?
thats not going to work with the stock ecm. a cobra maf requires a subtractor program to work with a nissan since it uses a wider voltage range. The only way to know if your proplems are maf related is to swap maf's and see if the problem goes away or data logging the maf signal to see it you are maxing out the signal at wot. since the stock maf is 70mm I would think it should be able to meter up to at least 350whp but I have not seen the voltage readings off a turbo car to gauge where the maf maxes out.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cortrim1 said:
thats not going to work with the stock ecm. a cobra maf requires a subtractor program to work with a nissan since it uses a wider voltage range. The only way to know if your proplems are maf related is to swap maf's and see if the problem goes away or data logging the maf signal to see it you are maxing out the signal at wot. since the stock maf is 70mm I would think it should be able to meter up to at least 350whp but I have not seen the voltage readings off a turbo car to gauge where the maf maxes out.

werd...what do you guys think about the ls1 maf? if you have a datalogger...ill be @ the dyno day whenever it is...free realm to whatever you want.

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
RedVRy81 said:
werd...what do you guys think about the ls1 maf? if you have a datalogger...ill be @ the dyno day whenever it is...free realm to whatever you want.

I don't have the pcketlogger software but I could check the maf voltage by clipping on the hot wire and monitoring the signal. You may be able to use a different maf but I doubt you will be able to use a non nissan unit with out a stand alone emu.

·
NG Autoworks
7,504 Posts
cortrim1 said:
The Cobra MAF only requires the subtractor program if you want to use it to make over 350 whp or so. JWT can program for the Cobra MAF with or without the subtractor circuit, depending on how much power you want.

·
Boost Addict
3,414 Posts
NiceGuy said:
The Cobra MAF only requires the subtractor program if you want to use it to make over 350 whp or so. JWT can program for the Cobra MAF with or without the subtractor circuit, depending on how much power you want.
but this will not work with out a reprogrammed ecm and thats not availible for the qr25de.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's 02 in 06 out for the Z32...........at least that's what I'd found and been told on sr20forum.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i should have this thing any day....sooooo woot WOOT! how come you didnt put your z32 on niceguy?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts