B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
jmihalchik98 said:
reset ecu, wasnt maf code, giving me 0605 for ecu
you cleareed it? is it staying gone? otherwise your looking at a visit to your freindly neighborhood Nissan dealership :(

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
02 Black Spec V said:
why do people cry over something so small if they are going turbo????
because if your car dont work right to begin with, putting a turbo on it aint gonna be worth jack.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
get a new intake....:)

lol...j/k

·
Registered
243 Posts
How's it Nissan's fault, much less a reliability problem, when you broke your own MAF doing something that isn't sanctioned?

You knew that the SpecV MAF is very sensitive. Breaking your MAF is your fault, not theirs.

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
z80x86 said:
How's it Nissan's fault, much less a reliability problem, when you broke your own MAF doing something that isn't sanctioned?

You knew that the SpecV MAF is very sensitive. Breaking your MAF is your fault, not theirs.
cough* read.... car went into failsafe becuase of an ECU failure

·
Registered
243 Posts
Then take it in for warranty, the car isn't heavily modded.

·
SRT-4 God
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
wonder what i would get for trade in, id imagine ecu being bad wouldnt hurt the value to much , nissan's cost on that is only 280
im at 18k miles with to many probs, ecu , 2 o2 sensors, interior falling apart, oil still burning, its just not meant to be

·
Registered
342 Posts
how do you figure your ECU went bad? and if it did it is cover for 8 yrs or 80000. there is no way they can say you did that. And if you blew your maf, get over it. alot of people do. and if your going turbo, there are gonna be alot more bumps in the road....

·
SRT-4 God
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1.) got ecu code, 2.) i still have warranty 3.) sure they can with an o2 sim and wiring harness all cut up 4.) maf did not go bad, i wouldnt care if it was maf, id just replace it, but its not its the comp which is even more cash, sure they may cover it, but for the ecu to go bad in 18k miles is BS no ones fault, nissan's fault, these cars are problematic and i sure wont own one without a warranty, so ill get rid of it and not stress it, ill go with something reliable like a se.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well I know much more about computers than I know about cars, and if you physically damaged the electronic components of the ECU the car would most not likely run at all. What are the chances that you'd damage it in such a way that limits your RPMs to 2000 rpm? Little to none, its probably a sensor thats broken.

Stop being a wimp and take it to the dealer!

·
SRT-4 God
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
wats up with this wimp calling crap, no one said i was scared to take it to dealer, i just dont want there bs. like said before when it comes back its trade in time. its not the maf, i swapped with a buds just to be curious, his car runs fine, maf in mine does the same as before.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Well, if it's the ECU, and you go to trade it in, then they can't deduct anything for the fact that it's waiting for warrenty work to be completed. Our dealership took people's trades in like that, with no problems. You should have no problems.
What would you get, not a Cavalier I hope!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts