B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... recently at my college, the mac lab got a new shipment of G4's in. ive been helping to set them up and ive come to realize why some some people love macs! these things are SWEET when it comes to power! i definalty will have to purchase one after college and when i have a good job.

the sad thing is, is that ive worked with pc's for 10 years now... knowing the insides and outsides of them. i can put a pc together from parts in under 10mins and have it up and running within the hour... but im slowly converting to the dark side so to speak :D

i worked with one mac yesterday for 5 hours, ran like a peach! went to another lab on campus and used a BRAND NEW Dell computer (right out of the box) the POS crashed within 30 mins of use... JUST DIED!

how many of you guys out there use mac's? how are their durability? and are there any sites for us mac illiterate people to learn about them and pick a few things up on how they run?

also the new flat panels are simply AMAZING!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
disillusioned said:
i have a huge disdain for macs. it seems to me, the only people that like them arent very computer savvy.

i mean, really, who can work with only one mouse button?
Hehe flamer!! I like my mac, and I do windows programming for a living. :p

Also, most people at http://slashdot.org would disagree with you :p :p ;)

·
SHIFT_my nuts
1,862 Posts
hahah!

i'm forced to use them at work (graphic designer)...but i tell you i still love PCs better. And you're damn right about that 1-button thing...tho in mac's defense, you can purchase 2 button mice and program them to do the same functions.

oh and miyagi...i would think that people on slashdot would rather gut it, throw in their own components, then load linux on there :p

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have been a die hard mac user ever since my first classic in like 3rd grade.......I love them. Right now I have a G3 desktop and an iBook. Neither of them have ever given me any problems, I have a wireless keyboard and 4 button mouse with a scroll wheel on it, and for those few time i have to run that sh!tty os windows i can use virtual pc. macs are far superior to any pc compatible, and always will be.

·
Registered
150 Posts
i can run every program i have ever had to on a mac, and cost hasnt really been an issue.......i have no problem paying a couple hundred more for a machine that will last me years more and not give me problems

·
SHIFT_my nuts
1,862 Posts
i wouldn't say they last years more...G3s break, G4s break...and their software is even more volitile than a windows platform as far as upgrades and incompadibility. if you start going by bugs, lets not even get into how many final versions OSX has gone thru

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
I hate the Mac platform. I can't stand the user interface. Sure, it's pretty. Ok, maybe it's easy to use. But I don't like the way its laid out. I like my Start menu.

What's amazing is that Apple makes great looking systems (well, the clamshell iBook was ugly, and a pain to work on), and has great ideas. Some products are truely great items: the LCDs, iPods.

Anybody who says the MacOS is more stable than Windows has never worked on a MacOS. Hardware still fails, hard drive file systems still get corrupted, and extension conflicts still happen.

What's most amazing? I'm an Apple Authorized Desktop Technician and work on them everyday. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts