B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK to my understanding the diff between lowport and highport is where the Intake manifold is positioned as well as the Injectors. In our case the SR20DE for the 01 SE is a lowport motor accoding to this theory because of the fact that the injectors are under the Intake Manifold. as to a FR Sr20det is highport because the injectors are above the intake manifold. plz correct me if im wrong because i am trying to determine the diff. i did search for the nazis but i wasnt able to get an answer :confused: ::puts on flame suit::

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
you have it right. No worries.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Coolness. So now with that in mind, i could do a SR20VE swap in my b15 and still use the same Intake and exhaust. I know DE headers wont work because of the exhaust ports being bigger on the VE. but everything else will be fine.

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
technically the header works. I think that the hotshot gen6 can work with both. But i might be smoking crack.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea that is what i heard about the Gen 5 but according to Hotshot the Gen6 is for the DE and VE. atleast that is what is on the Description of the header. DE including VVL to be exact. So unless there is a DE w/ VVL the its safe to say the Gen6 will work on the VE. also from what i have read in some places the VE will allow to use everything from the DE Intake, Exhaust, UR Pulleys ETC. minus headers naturally. I have just been itching for that VE but at the same time moding the DE. I dont want to let my 50K baby go to waste so im trying to get my ducks in order before i make the plunge.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool. the Gen6 would be fine on a Normally modded DE? I dont want to get them and have not be mechanically sound because of the fact that they are more of a performance Header.

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
FadingOut said:
Cool. the Gen6 would be fine on a Normally modded DE? I dont want to get them and have not be mechanically sound because of the fact that they are more of a performance Header.

The gen 6 does not have EGR.. thus killing you on your emmissions...

i would not get the GEN 6 until you have cams.. headwork.. valvejob.. .. yadda yadda :p
other wise it COULD be detrimental to performance. :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm interesting. well then i guess its the Gen5 for now and ill just go with Fitsuba(sp?) or something with the VE. Thanks for the info tho

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellant maybe by that time the wont be so darn expensive!! LoL. I mean like i said i only have about 50K miles on the DE so it will be atleast 50 - 75K more miles before i even consider it. so that will give me some time to save.

·
i dont wanna copy shannon
3,180 Posts
wait a sec, are u saying that because the lack of EGR u suffer performance decreases? IF this is true cuz i dunno so im asking, when i installed my obx header teh egr pipe didn't conect properly so I did some configuring to it and cut in 1/2 and plugged one end and used an old 02 sensor to plug the other end (this is temporary)... so i guess my question is, why would losing the egr hurt?

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
2KBlackSE said:
wait a sec, are u saying that because the lack of EGR u suffer performance decreases? IF this is true cuz i dunno so im asking, when i installed my obx header teh egr pipe didn't conect properly so I did some configuring to it and cut in 1/2 and plugged one end and used an old 02 sensor to plug the other end (this is temporary)... so i guess my question is, why would losing the egr hurt?

the HEADER will hurt.. NOT the EGR..

im sure that with the EGR removed alone you could make an extra 4-5 hp..

But the PRIMARYS on the Gen6 are much bigger. HELL even in NPM they said they suggested that you use a 2.5 inch exhaust for best flow..

but best for for what?
S4 cams.. JWT ecu.. cai??

if someone who doesnt have to worry about emmisions wants to try this on the BASE DE RR platform. prove me wrong. i dont know if youd gain much over the Gen5 with simply the stock RR cams and fuel maps.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Naturally. I can pick up the Gen5 for less that 400 now because the Gen6 is out. so i mean i might as well get a nice gain from I.H.E.Pulleys and then do the major moding on the VE. JWT Ecu Cams Gen6 Headers ETC. Drove a turbo loved it but alas N/A is what i enjoy.

·
3,180 Posts
yeqah i wont go turbo until the very very distant future... i like the feeling of n/a along with pulling up next to a turbo vehicle and him thinking hell kill u cuz he has a turbo, and u beat the hell out of him... its a great feeling that i have not felt yet :(

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ahh yes and i to wish to have this feeling of beating a turbo. I mean yea naturally they will have a better top speed advantage but man the torque off the line and being able to hold that victory for a brief satisfying moment. Plus i want that drop jaw look because as far as i know NOBODY has done the VE swap up here in Jville. But could be wrong.

·
3,180 Posts
where do u get a ve and how much do they go for? is it worth it for power over the de? is it cheaper than a sr20det?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts