B15 Sentra Forum banner

Lowering springs

1K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  cap 
#1 ·
Guys, i need help... I'm thinking about getting some lowering springs for my car. I need some help on choosing the right ones for a good price. I don't want a totaly slammed car, but i want people to know the difference between stock and modded. Help me out..! If you know someone who is selling used ones for the b15...let me know!

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims (in the mail)

See less See more
#2 ·
c'mon...help me out here!

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims (in the mail)

#3 ·
I don't know bro but I was thinking of just putting on a set of springs as well and wait till a set of coilovers come out....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI (in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

#4 ·
i think its better for u to get the adj springs aka coil overs... its cheaper than the eibach springs and might perform just as well depending on brand.

#5 ·
Coilovers are cheaper than springs??? A whole coilover assembly??? What brand are we talking here?

BTW my springs (Eibach Prokits) were $180 uninstalled. Probably could have gotten them cheaper though.

But yah, get coilovers if you can afford em. The adjustability is well worth the price.

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff.
There's no place like home...

[This message has been edited by SR20DE 2K (edited March 22, 2001).]

#6 ·
no, not the whole coilover (springs & shock)... its just the springs with the adjustable sleeve which is 175 from aerospeed. i spent 300 on the ****ty weapon r springs and now i might consider the gc adj springs again. hehe

#7 ·
Oh ok. Heheh! I was like "what, the whole coilover assembly is cheaper than just springs"?? Got ya. :) I've never liked Weapon R for anything. Coilovers, intakes, whatever. Never liked em. From what I understand, Arospeed is kinda the same way. They make universal stuff like APC does. I wouldn't trust their springs to hold up my car. I would just go with the Ground Controls. Tried and true. More reputable, ya know?

------------------
Jae
'00 SE w/ some stuff.
There's no place like home...

#9 ·
were can i buy them.... You know anyone with used ones for a good price?

------------------

#10 ·
goto stylincompacts.com or give them a call at 8007060267 and use ad code nfd. get the 99 adj springs from arospeed. they advertise it for 139.95.

#12 ·
hehe.... thats true, i think my shocks are about to let go. after a week, 3500 miles on it with the weapon r springs, bottoms out on ever bump it hit.

#13 ·
I am considering the Eibach Pro Kits and decided that I wanted to speak with someone from nissan regarding lowering springs. I did just that and was told that the amount of travel the shock see's, in no way effects its expected life. What does kill the shock is the increased spring rate. Therefore, assuming you use the pro-kit (not the sportlines) you are perfectly safe, and are in no real danger of killing your shocks. (Someone at Eibach told me that the spring rate of there Pro-kits is only 5 - 10 % greater than the stock springs.) Just my 2 cents... And my pro-kit springs are on the way.

PB

------------------
Paul Both
2001 Sentra SE with Performance Package
http://www.aci.on.ca/~pboth/

#14 ·
If you just want more performance and don't want a drop, I would wait for the SE-R to come out. You can put its suspension parts in. It has stiffer springs and struts which will have a perfect factory fit on ouur cars.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
1998 SE-R 5spd

#15 ·
I'd be skeptical about any coil over kit that was cheaper that just springs... The issue will be if you get coilovers and slam the car, the stock shocks will never be able to adjust to the difference over a long period of time. Also the camber would be off. You best bet it to wait until a more reputable manufacture that ground controll makes a set of coil overs. Besides they would be more or less useless with out a good set of adjustable shocks...

doc

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SR20DE 2K:
Coilovers are cheaper than springs??? A whole coilover assembly??? What brand are we talking here?

BTW my springs (Eibach Prokits) were $180 uninstalled. Probably could have gotten them cheaper though.

But yah, get coilovers if you can afford em. The adjustability is well worth the price.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

#17 ·
Yo sr20reNaISSANce where you at? lets hook up..... We need to get all the B15's cruisin out here...
Hit my celly up..... 221-9924....Laterz

Jose

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims

#18 ·
I definantly agree with you guys. Don't just use coils with stock shocks. I did that with my civic and it ate up the stock shocks. I had a Ground Control kit on it and the stockers lasted about a month and thats it. When I sold my car it was just riding on the springs and it wasn't pretty. I would wait until you can get some adj. shocks and then lower it. Just my 2 cents.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP

#21 ·
so koni makes shocks for us now? where can we purchase the shock/spring combo you listed above greendot?

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
15.703@85.4 mph

G
#22 ·
Tirerack lists Koni inserts, but they are the same part # as the B14's. No one is sure what is up with that.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

#24 ·
will not fit? why is tire rack seling them?

man, i am going to order the set when i get paid next week!!!!!

#25 ·
I've had my eibach pro kit springs installed for about a month now. No triming of the bump stops no bottoming out, no problems whatsoever. It was only a slight drop just 1 in back 1 1/4 front. I did it however for the performance upgrade not the ground hugging drop.The cars handling is more responsive now, the steering feels much tighter more like a go-cart. The car rides someone stiffer but not terribly harsh. I drive an average of 2500 miles a month so I am a not getting these impressions from a trip around the block. Adios Amigos

------------------
2001 se,pp,5spd,moonroof,stillen pop charger,stainless streetline exhaust,panther alloys,eibach lowered.Former ride 94 se-r.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.