B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the below post over at Edmunds.com and was wondering if any of you Sentra owners here have had this problem:

"I purchased my Sentra GXE last August and had been thrilled with the build quality and features, let alone the drivability of the vehicle. However, last week I realized that the front lower spoiler, or fascia, which is the low-hanging piece ultimately connecting to the bumper, was cracked. When I say that I haven't hit anything, short of a little snow at the entrance of my driveway, I am being quite honest. The truth is, the service manager at Nissan admitted that for a body part to hang so low, it should certainly be constructed with fiberglass, not the cheap plastic which it is. Especially since it connected to the entire bumper! I am now faced with the prospect of paying for a full front bumper assembly because of a poor design and materials issue! To say that it is not cheap is an understatement and negates the reason for my buying the car in the first place.
If you are considering buying this car, DO understand that while this will not happen to everyone, it is a distinct possibility that it will happen to you and beware, IT DOES HAPPEN, and Nissan is not exactly standing by the product, even if a service manager admitted to its faultiness."

·
Registered
623 Posts
wut are u talking about? front spoiler? we dont have a stock front spoiler. and if it is made of plastic, it would even be harder to crack. and if it was made of fiberglass, it would shatter!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I don't think anyone has complained about this. I gotta say, I think this is an isolated incident with a service manager trying to pass the blame.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I understand where that guy who posted on Edmunds.com is coming from. It's rather hard to avoid every parking block out there. I've scraped my front bumper on (I think) two since I've had the car since July 2000. No scratches that I can feel or anything, but it still sounds horrible and I agree that the front bumper does hang very low.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
My car is lowered two inches, and I still clear standard-height parking blocks, and curbs. It's not even as low as my roommates' factory '99 Jetta! As for being made of plastic, chinowolrd was right on. Plastic has "give" built into it, whle fibreglass does not. The ultimate would be polyurethane, which actually flexes, but if you're hitting something with your bumper, you're doing something wrong- it's not a sport-ute! (and thank God)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts