B15 Sentra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so the saga of my Hotshot order continues.

When I ordered my intake, they had charged my credit card at the time the order was placed. Since I wasn't going to receive the CAI for "a couple weeks," I asked them to Fax me a copy of the invoice. Well, the fax never came.

So, I call repeatedly to find out what is going on. I never talk to anyone, so I leave a message. They call me back to tell me that my card was declined. WTF!!! I know that couldn't be right, so I call my bank, and there aren't any problems. So, I immediately call Hotshot back. Oh wait! It's now 2 minutes later and the story changes from my card being declined to my account being paid in full! Hmmmm....okay, I say. Aparently, the computer gnomes had been playing games with the screen again!

Finally, they fax me a copy of the invoice, but now I am wondering if they double charged my card! I guess I will have to check the statement to see.

Oh yeah, aparently you can ask the guys at Hotshot how long your order will take, or how long he just spent on the can and the answer will be "a couple weeks."

I am now wondering if it would have been better for me to NOT have given them my money upfront, or to have gone with the Place Racing model instead.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (On The Way!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Damn Max, I'm sorry bro. I hope your **** comes in soon, and it's top notch quality. I'll tell you what I think of PR when I get mine..heh.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
maxx,,,,deffinetly keep your eye on the statement,,,I had that happen to me once and i had to dispute it......good luck on getting your **** i hope ya get it soon.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
816 Posts
Don't lose faith. Give them time. I truly appreciate the fact that there is a manufacturer that is catering to the Nissan aftermarket. Personally, I don't see too many good companies that support Nissan Sentras.

Would you rather have a company like Arospeed or Weapon R that just puts together some parts, doesn't test fit it, doesn't dyno it to see if they've actually gained hp, and they just throw it out on the market to make a few bucks? I'd rather wait and get the job done right.

I know guys who have had custom turbos built and it took over 8 months. This is cuz the shop was busy but also because the shop didn't want to rush and take shortcuts. In the end, the owners were VERY happy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not angry that it is taking time. I know things don't assemble themselves. What I am concerned with is the lack of "professionalism" I experienced with Robert.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Try talking to Martha, she might be more helpful.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter (not yet installed)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I understand what you are talking about. I ordered my HS CAI and was told it would take three weeks to get it, 2 months later I am still with out the intake and am $200 poorer. This intake had better be the **** for all the time we have to wait and non helpful answers as to where our money has gone.

------------------
Often immitated, never duplicated!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See, that is exactly what I am talking about. Hotshot seems to be in the habit of making false promises. I think I'll give them till the end of next week. If the CAI isn't ready to be shipped by then, I think I'll pull my order. That will be past the original time allotment they gave me.

I think we should place bets on when the headers will be ready. hahaha...April anyone?

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
December on the headers HEHEHE

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
that sucks.... I ordered the header and CAI too.... if you try to pull your order theres a 15% restocking fee...... they told me that I would get my CAI in a few weeks from now and the headers in like a month or two..... I order my **** last month to get free shipping.... what the heeeez?????? we should try to do sumthing.... im about to drive my car up there myself can get that **** fitted for all the 2000 SE myself...... what to do...????

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A 15% restocking fee on an item that doesn't exist? HAHAHAHAHA!! Now, that is a good one.

Okay, a quick call to Hotshot revealed that the new ship date on the CAI's is next week wednesday. This means that we should see them early the week of the 26th. This is like watching paint dry.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

[This message has been edited by maxximtl (edited February 12, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
damn..... im tired of waiting.... they have been back ordered for years now..... geez.... are they ever going to learn?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
hahahah this thing was on here like a 2 years b4 i joined

·
Registered
431 Posts
ya thats pretty sketchy

·
Registered
816 Posts
placenta said:
maxximtl

still want to know... did you ever get your part? i don't know if you still come here tho.
This is a blast from the past. placenta, what are you doing responding to posts like this? Did you check the date on it????

Yes, he DID get the parts. So did the rest of us who ordered the Hotshot stuff way in the beginning. He also bought rims for his car. Then he sold his car so he's no longer on the boards anymore.

What was the point of the question anyway? Are you waiting for stuff from Hotshot?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.