B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cleaning some bird sh*t (damn birds, show some respect) off of my driver's side front window today, and I had it open a crack to vent that lovely Arizona heat, and I noticed that there was a lot of play in the window.

The whole piece of glass shifts back and forth with ease. Is this normal? It doesn't seem like it should be normal. Anyone else have this problem? I didn't get a chance to check the other windows, but I'll do that later.

G

·
They just do that. There is play in the window track. I don't think its anything to be concerned about. Try pushing in the small fixed window on the rear doors....it moves around too.

I did look at the new WRX. It has frameless doors, so the glass just sits on the rubber molding. It looked so flimsly....water was actually getting past the seal. I forsee that being a problem on that car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Max,

Most Subarus have frameless windows. When I owned my
'96, I was concerned about it, but I never had a problem with
water. Actually I was surprised that I didn't have more wind
noise than I did. It's funky, but it works.

And... you don't have to worry about smashing your head
into the top corner of the door! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
I noticed the windows are kinda loose, too. Especially if you close the door and leave the window open a crack. You can hear it clank. Very different from the solid feel when you close the door with the windows up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts