B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, It looks like I will be keeping my Sentra after all, still no word on my mom that I will be getting an older car, so I will be leaving the sound and cosmetic's tage and going into just racing. I am putting my 4 10" subwoofer w/box and amplifier and capacitor for sale. Go to classifieds if you are interested in placing a serious price on it, Later. I will be putting it on Ebay in a little while if you guys do not want it, look at classifieds please and tell some friends if they want, with a Dynamatted trunk you will be able to hit 150+dbs. Sincerely, Juan Cardenas

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok

I dunno too much about DB since I never been db tested, but I heard a friend's SUV that got 2nd place at a Orlando competition, and mine is louder and nicer than his, he hit 148 or 158, I am not sure, he has 2 solobaric square 12's and some other crap I forgot. I don't know crap really about DB, level, so I just gave an estimate, are you trying to say your's is louder...? I feel a challenge coming on, where can I get my car tested for db levels? unless you have 2 HCCA 10's or some other type of piston compression subs, then I really doubt it. You would need somewhere around 1500Watts RMS to hit each one of those as well, and if you got that much money...fine with me :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: ok

2k1DragSentra said:
I dunno too much about DB since I never been db tested, but I heard a friend's SUV that got 2nd place at a Orlando competition, and mine is louder and nicer than his, he hit 148 or 158, I am not sure, he has 2 solobaric square 12's and some other crap I forgot. I don't know crap really about DB, level, so I just gave an estimate, are you trying to say your's is louder...? I feel a challenge coming on, where can I get my car tested for db levels? unless you have 2 HCCA 10's or some other type of piston compression subs, then I really doubt it. You would need somewhere around 1500Watts RMS to hit each one of those as well, and if you got that much money...fine with me :)
i disagree with what yousaid about how how power you need (1500watts) just because of the fact that i dont have that much power and i hit 149. it also has alot to do with the air space in your box and in the trunk. with the right amount of air space, a good alternator, and about 600-700watts you probably could get a pair of cheap 10s to push harder than solarbaric 12s or any other speaker

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok if you say so

I guess if you know plenty of acoustics and mathematically measure all the volume in your trunk and whaty not, you can make pretty much any cheap set up hit real big, and that is what I am offering, a set-up for cheap that will show anybody in your town what a real sound system is, I was just making fun in the last reply, you seem to know your stuff well, do you build your own custom boxes? yeah I try to stick with the right air-space for each sub(and the right enclosure as well, of course).

·
Registered
37 Posts
i dont exactly build my own bowxes but i do take part in it. i do all of the measurements and my friend that is a carpenter actually does all the wood work and then i do all of the electrical work but overall i guess you can say we do all of our own work

·
Registered
27 Posts
luv2play18 said:
i hit 149 dbs with just two 10s and thats with out the dynamat, sorry

I'm sorry, but I have heard some of the hardest hitting systems and two 10's ain't hittin 149 dbs. It's all about cone space and 4 10's will always (almost) hit harder than 2 10's. Especially given the same amount of power. You might want to get your system tested at a sanctioned event such as IASCA or USAC. They use real equipment, not microphones hanging from the mirror!

[Edited by Nismo240 on 05-28-2001 at 06:23 PM]

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey nismo

you know any places here in Florida, or when some events herea are going to be? if I don't sell it I am going to make a custom set up that is space saving and able to take out easily for drag racing. Anyone what would be the best acoustic setup for our cars? Alright please let me know about the competitions. I do not know much about DB scales, but I am just comparing my system to my friend's SUV, he hit 148.8DBs on the scale at a DB drag in orlando, and all I know is that mine is louder and moves tons more air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts