B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I woke up late (alarm radio volume was all the way down! :eek: ) So I missed running with STX and had to run Time Only in the afternoon. The car performed beautifully, but I'm sure I could have eeked out a little better times with more seat time. This was the first time I've driven the car hard since I put on SAFC-II, Nimso Coilovers, Nismo LTB and Nismo FSB. The car is rock solid and just begs to go fast. With the front end set up nice and tight you can totally predict when the back wants to come around, which I never did. I was taking the chacain (sp?) at 70 MPH at the top of third gear with very little body roll.

Anyway, I'm completely happy with the car. All I really need now is lighter wheel (Nismo's possibly), tires and a RSB and I'm set.

Here are the results. Unfortunately they aren't listing the car models anymore (you've heard about dealers denying warrant work for autoXers? There are articles out there), but if you know what cars are in what class you can kinda compare them. Once again Ryan Thompson owned all....he has this course mastered.

http://joesvideos.com/scca_points/view_event_16.html

·
Immature Tough Guy
5,671 Posts
Nice, you would have gotten 3rd in STX if you had gotten your lazy self out of bed in time ;)

Guys like Ryan, Doug Allen and Heyward Wagner continue to be our "white whale" in southeast STS competition. At the last divisional we were 2 seconds behind after 2 days of competition. We still have a nice number of STS legal mods on the to do list, so things will definitely get more interesting for the 2005 season.

·
Hoosier Daddy?
6,000 Posts
Little Talledega is a nice track... We were there for The 2003 SE-R Convention. :)

Travis

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dangling Fury said:
Nice, you would have gotten 3rd in STX if you had gotten your lazy self out of bed in time ;)

Guys like Ryan, Doug Allen and Heyward Wagner continue to be our "white whale" in southeast STS competition. At the last divisional we were 2 seconds behind after 2 days of competition. We still have a nice number of STS legal mods on the to do list, so things will definitely get more interesting for the 2005 season.
Yeah, Ryan ran 4 seconds faster than me in a STS car! I know that with more time and familiarity with the new set-up I could probably squeeze out a 70 or just below. I don't run the car enough to push it to its real limits. Hopefully that will change in the future!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts