B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paging through one of my older Turbo & High-Tech Performance mags, I came across something interesting.

Link ECU. It is a 100% replacement ECU that is tuneable. They were listed as haveing them for the Skyline, Maxima, but didn't mention the Sentra:( The article didn't list a website, but it did give some contact info.

Performance Development
1643 Monrovia
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 646-7461

Maybe there is still hope......

·
Registered
222 Posts
Keep us posted if you come up with anything!

·
Registered
31 Posts
They will work on a sentra but to be honest I wouldn't bother, they're a pretty crap ecu. If you're looking for an aftermarket ecu I'd go for a Haltech or Autronic, they give the best combination of price/features.

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True, they quoted a Link ECU for an Integra at like $1300. Almost there for a Haltech:)

New thought of the hour:
SAFC, ITC, and a J&S knock sensor, + turbo

or

say screw it and just do the darn '97 JWT ECU swap.

Thinking the swap is the best way to go about it. Anybody near Wisconsin who wants to do it, so I can see how it works on yours first :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
US$1300 for a Link !!!!!! You have got to be joking, thats three times the price they are here in aus. Speak to Haltech in australia, I reckon that even with shipping/taxes you'd get a Haltech and all the bits for less money, retail here they are about US$900. Hell, for US$1300 I can get a Haltech, have it fitted and tuned by one of the top tuners in the country. And have some change. The aussie dollar is worth sod all atm so a couple of phonecalls may save you a lot of money.

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
That does it, I'm maxing out my cards on parts, then moving to Australia. Then I can buy the cars they refuse to sell in the U.S. under my new identity. $900 for a Haltech! I saw approx $2500 at another site in the U.S. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts