B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do these 2 mix well cause i have the UR pulley for the QG on order and my next mod after that will be the pti turbo kit, ive been told that its not smart to have a lightened pulley when your boosting, is this true?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I think chimmike had a problem with that.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
honestly.. if you're boosting, you'll be able to overcome the 2whp that the pulleys give you... I'd stick with the stock pulleys. ESP since chimmike threw some bearings and is certain it's due to the pulleys.

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
yeap, I'll second this. Avoid the pulley. I plan on taking mine off once I'm back boosted again.

basically, my engine spun 2 crank bearings. Both of them were the closest to the crank pulley. All the rod bearings were fine.

Niceguy will swear up and down that underdrive pulleys are fine because the engines are internally balanced, but you're still screwing with the balance harmonics of the engine.

If you wanted to do it with the lightweight pulley (which is slightly underdriven on the QG18DE) you should send out your crank with the pistons/rods, flywheel, and lightweight pulley to get balanced professionally.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was fearing this, guess i should have asked this question before i ordered :eek: :mad: guess ill be selling it soon after it comes in :mad:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
NO refunds?
That blows.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
jsut call and cancel the order. resturn the package to the sender.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lawngn0mex said:
jsut call and cancel the order. resturn the package to the sender.
the place i ordered it from has a suplyer and he orders them in when needed, so he ordered it without having me give him a deposite cause ive delt with him b4, id feel like an *** telling him i dont want it, i wish i could jus say that i dont want it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts