B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea what the lemon law is?? I heard it has to do with having a problem 3 times, they either have to fix it or replace it is that correct? b/c i've had my blinking seat belt light fixed already, the first time, they just fixed the thing, it worked for a while, then started blinking again. they replaced it the second time, it worked for a while, then started again recently. if i take it back for the 3rd time, and they try to fix it, but it still doesn't work, what happens?? do i get a new car?

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
No..

The problem has to affect drivability or safety. I doubt if the seat belt light qualifies for that. Check in one of the manuals you got with the car, the info on the Lemon Law is in there. It's relatively difficult to cash in on the lemon laws.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
seat belts = safety

Wouldn't you think this qualifies as a safety issue?? Hell, if the seatbelt is malfunctioning and i die, then it's on hell of a safety issue.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Re: No..

adc100 said:
The problem has to affect drivability or safety. I doubt if the seat belt light qualifies for that. Check in one of the manuals you got with the car, the info on the Lemon Law is in there. It's relatively difficult to cash in on the lemon laws.
So would my overheating brakes qualify for this law? ;)

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
The light not working will not be a safety..

question. The seat belts themselves would be. Talk to someone who has collected on the Lemon Law. I wouldn't even take the time to ponder this one. Get the (*&((&dealer to fix the )(*)**light. Obviously the brakes would be a safety issue. But you'll play hell getting a dealer or a zone rep to say you are not driving them too hard. Like I said you got to get the dealer to fix the problem. I welcome anyone on his board to come forward and say they collected on the Lemon Law or if they know anyone who has (hopefully they will not be talking out of their *** an be honest.)

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
a seatbelt light could be several things, not indicative of seatbelt unit failure. the owner's manual does go into the lemon law and sounds to be a PITA. you basically need to go back and document EVERYTHING that has happened, who you spoke with and the dates. it will basically end up in intermediary moderation in which you agree to the outcome before you come out. (basically)

friend of mine went thru a 6 month ordeal for lemon law on his 94 mustang. he ended up getting all his money back for what he paid for the car. then he bought a new one. (???)

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have had some friends experience this situation, and I can tell you that the only way to get anything done is to contact a lawyer. You can read online about the lemon law to see if you are possibly eligible, but ultimately you will need to talk to a lawyer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay, i understand that the seatbelt light going off is not a safety issue itself, but from what they have told me, the reason why it is going of is b/c the seatbelt unit was malfunctioning. they have already replaced the seatbelt unit, this worked for all of 2 days before the light started flashing again. something is wrong, i'll have a talk with them and see what i can do b/c i dont wanna be driving around with a malfunctioning seatbelt.

·
Registered
100 Posts
At this point, I would just keep documentation of what's going on. Get work receipts when the work is done, with whatever they did listed on it. Get names of people that did the work on that worksheet, if you can.

You may also want to write down the names of anyone you talk to specifically about the problem, as well as dates/times.

This way, you can show material proof that you were actively trying to resolve the problem with the dealer.

Remember to be polite, but firm.

At this point, I would say a lawyer is not yet needed. Especially if the dealer makes good on trying to fix the problem.

Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i had the same problem with my seatbelt light. it just flashes intermittently every once in a while. it's enough to drive you crazy. have you tried to push the connectors that control the seatbelt light underneath the drivers seat? that worked for me with no time spent waiting for the dealer. hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts