B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was driving my Spec and it decided to have a precat fail at 50 kmph.. awesome so anyways Im a idiot and tried to jump start it.. managed to throw a piston rod through the side of the engine.. So we are swapping. Any suggestions where to go for engines I got one in town for 1400 but Im not sure about the dealer.. seems odd..

So far this is on order

Megan Racing 4-1 header
Prothane Motor mounts
F1 Racing Stage 1 clutch ( I am not going to turbo hence not going stage 2 or 3)
Nismo CAI

Everything else on the car is stock sans the stereo and subwoofer and head lights

Any other suggestions?

oh and heres a pic

· Registered
2,679 Posts
http://www.b15u.com/2j-racing/

they also had reman motors, or will build a motor for you. youll have to contact them to see what your options are tho as for a whole motor. also, im sure they have better clutches and stuff for sale. if youre not going turbo or built motor, the stock clutch is very strong, enough that many lightly boosted b15s are still using an oem clutch.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.b15u.com/2j-racing/

they also had reman motors, or will build a motor for you. youll have to contact them to see what your options are tho as for a whole motor. also, im sure they have better clutches and stuff for sale. if youre not going turbo or built motor, the stock clutch is very strong, enough that many lightly boosted b15s are still using an oem clutch.
Hmm I shall check them out then, as for the clutch mines fine I just figured might as well replace it while I have the engine out.

· Registered
2,679 Posts
well, thats on you, you could always get a lighter fly too, just not too light ;)

a lot of people change to stainless clutch lines as well. dont forget GL4 gear oil as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.