B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys and gals I recieved this response from KYB about a shock for us....

We do not offer shocks for the 2000 & 2001
Possibly next year.
Check back at the end of the year.

Regrets

Troy Horn
KYB America LLC
Phone (630)620-5555
Fax (630)620-8133
[email protected]

Oh well the wait continues:(

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Same thing they told me last year.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey Gene! I just wanted to say that I rode in Brandon's car today, the dude that lives in Virginia Beach, and it rides SMOOTH as all hell! I was totally doubting it, but all he did was drop with Sportlines, and it rode great! I just wanted to pass on that when you get yours, you should just go ahead and replace them. I bet you'll be happy!

Also, just to put in a good note, Brandon's car is TIGHT! He's got Sportlines, custom Tsudo Exhaust, and custom Iceman Intake. Not to mention his ICW rims and ghetto grill, I was very very impressed. The interior of his engine bay also looked really nice. I'm going back over to his place and going to take tons of pictures on Thursday. He's wife also has a 2001 Dodge Neon R/T. :)

I'm getting Sportline's as soon as possible.

·
Registered
94 Posts
[QUOTE Not to mention his ICW rims and ghetto grill, I was very very impressed. [/B][/QUOTE]

hey Gene and Marvin, thanx Marvin for your compliments except there is one correction to your comment. My rims are 17" Katana K-6's. The ICW rims were the ones on my last 99 sentra remember? Well anyways me and Marvin will work on getting the pix up within the next few days so stay tuned.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
mvpinoy01SE said:
hey Gene and Marvin, thanx Marvin for your compliments except there is one correction to your comment. My rims are 17" Katana K-6's. The ICW rims were the ones on my last 99 sentra remember? Well anyways me and Marvin will work on getting the pix up within the next few days so stay tuned.
****, I saw more pictures of your old car....I'm sorry, I got confused. In ANY case, they still look tight dude. Yeah, we're getting pics up here in the next several days. You're very welcome Brandon, and keep it up bro!

ICW..old GXE, Katana K-6's..new SE..okay, I got it now! :p

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
GXE2K said:
So Brandon put the Eibach sportlines lowering spring with the stock shocks? and it didn't bottom out at all?
Nope, and you have to remember it's the Stage 2 suspension on his, not GXE suspension. I was really surprised.

·
Registered
940 Posts
remeber, the se with p/p sentra's have great struts/shocks. my uncle owns a local discount tire center and simple explained the diffrence.

a standard shock uses nitro with oil lube. hi-performance shocks have twin-tube with valve damping to prevent excessive bounce and firmer/quicker rebounds. basicly, our se's have a cheaper version of a hi-perf shocks like the tokico, without the adjustable part. i plan for him to order my a set of new stock se p/p strut/shock with h&r springs. a perfect combo.

not to worry of bottoming out, as long as you still have your bump-stop!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love you guys man,,,That was just music to my ears,,,I am deffinetly going to throw those bad boys on as soon as I get them:D Hell yeah,,,no bottoming out or anything,,,Dude I'm running outside right now and taking the struts off so when the package comes in later this week or early next week I can put them puppies on,,,,not really cause I need to drive it:D

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mvpinoy01SE said:
[QUOTE Not to mention his ICW rims and ghetto grill, I was very very impressed.
hey Gene and Marvin, thanx Marvin for your compliments except there is one correction to your comment. My rims are 17" Katana K-6's. The ICW rims were the ones on my last 99 sentra remember? Well anyways me and Marvin will work on getting the pix up within the next few days so stay tuned. [/B][/QUOTE]Hey make sure when you get those pictures you send some my way;)

One of these days I am gonna take a weekend trip down to VA Beach and meet up with you a Marvin like we talked about....Marvin you down bro??????

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sentra Styling said:
Hey make sure when you get those pictures you send some my way;)

One of these days I am gonna take a weekend trip down to VA Beach and meet up with you a Marvin like we talked about....Marvin you down bro??????
Dude, I'm on it, and I'm all about it dude!! I'm thinking between July sometime would be great! I have weekend duty a lot from now till my cruise in October, but let's plan something out for sure! You can also crash out at my place if funds is an issue. Brandon's got a nice pad...hehe...

Originally posted by GXE2K
oh and do you guys think it worths to wait for the aftermarket shock to come out or to order a SE PP shock? thx
ok....so is there any way that i can improve the shock on my car? I will take the koni what do you guys thing?
I definitely think you should either wait or get the SE PP shocks and struts. I'm definitely not sure about all the diferences and how easy you can swap, but I'm tellin you, I didn't believe that Brandon's car rode the way it did. Try it and see at least for all you SE's. Also, how much is it to get a SE PP upgrade? You might just be better off waiting cause of price.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sentra Styling said:
I love you guys man,,,That was just music to my ears,,,I am deffinetly going to throw those bad boys on as soon as I get them:D Hell yeah,,,no bottoming out or anything,,,Dude I'm running outside right now and taking the struts off so when the package comes in later this week or early next week I can put them puppies on,,,,not really cause I need to drive it:D
Man, I wish I had a set so bad, you have no idea...

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ahhhh funds shouldn't be an issue,,,I have the cash :) it's been a long time since I've been to VA Beach,,,,**** since my Grandmother died,,,,she used to live in Norfolk,,,My grandfather used to be in the navy....I have all his medals and what not....I also like the Cheasapeake bridge tunnel thingy there:D

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Sentra Styling said:
Ahhhh funds shouldn't be an issue,,,I have the cash :) it's been a long time since I've been to VA Beach,,,,**** since my Grandmother died,,,,she used to live in Norfolk,,,My grandfather used to be in the navy....I have all his medals and what not....I also like the Cheasapeake bridge tunnel thingy there:D
Good deal brotha, we'll hook up then and chill!! Yay! Let's make it a Sentra meet...heh...or at least a show off that I can at least attend this time. :) If not, we'll take tons of pictures.

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
GXE2K said:
oh and do you guys think it worths to wait for the aftermarket shock to come out or to order a SE PP shock? thx
If you do decide to get the SE pp shocks and you don't want to pay the stealership an arm and a leg then you might want to check http://www.copartfinder.com or check your local salvage yards for a wrecked SE pp with good shocks. Just a thought. later.

·
Registered
94 Posts
hey gene and Marv, hey you guys are leaving me out. We can chill and take pix of all 3 cars and shtuff but let us now Gene when you plan on comin down, That would be cool. Hey once you get those sportlines put them on straight up and let me know what you think. Im also thinkin of getting the front air dams from Stillen. Let me know how far off the ground they are once the springs are in aight. Well hit us later.

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
I GOT AN IDEA!

Ok guys I just had a great idea! The SE-R and Spec V are supposed to have even better shocks than the SE pp, so how about waiting for the SE-R and trying to get a set of those! That would be awesome.....kinda like Honda folks using Type R this and that on their Si's and stuff! I am really considering this, as long as the price is not astronomical. Just another thought to ponder. later

1 - 20 of 29 Posts