B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check out the ClubSi board pretty frequently and noticed a lot of the guys there LOVE the Kumho tires, they are a WR rated tire, what do yall think of the Kumho's? At $77 a tire with Ultra High Performance can you really go wrong, or should i spring the extra jack for some Yoko AVS Intermediates, or AV 520's?

-iLL

·
Registered
259 Posts
well, depending on your size tire, the treadwear ranges from 280-360 and all have AAA traction ratings. the 205/50/16 has a 280 TW oppesed to a 300 from the bridgestone RE-730.

looking at the numbers, it doesn't seem to be a bad tire. however, some of the customer reviews from tirerack.com are 50/50.

------------------
MY PAGE

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Kumho's work great. I took the Firestones off at 300 miles. I now have over
20,000 miles on mine including 1 autocross and 2 full days on track at VIR. I should get right at 30k out of them if I don't abuse them much more. the wet grip is ok and the dry is close to DOT legal racing tire levels. 2000 se perf. pkg jaded

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
havent tried kumhos.... Yoko A520 are the bomb though.... really expensive... but if your going all show, a must

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I love my A520's, but my 15" wheels WILL have the Bridgestone RE730's. The Kumho is a good tire, but the RE's are better suited for autocross, which is really what I am looking for. Hope this helps!

------------------
late,
wes
my site

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have Kumhos and they work GREAT.
A very good tire for the money and they
last a long time.(360-15") Treadwear-A
Temp-A, These Korea made tires got alot
going for them. The Yoko AVS are great