B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here they are:

I'm pretty happy with them. Building them was kind of a PITA. For some reason the fiberglass didn't want the stick very well to the plastic that the kickpanels are made out of, so i had to use a lot of hot glue. It's holding them together great though, for now :D These are pretty amateur, you can tell they were definately a diy job. But taking that into account they look pretty good, imho. :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
ViBlue-SE-R said:
Here they are:

I'm pretty happy with them. Building them was kind of a PITA. For some reason the fiberglass didn't want the stick very well to the plastic that the kickpanels are made out of, so i had to use a lot of hot glue. It's holding them together great though, for now :D These are pretty amateur, you can tell they were definately a diy job. But taking that into account they look pretty good, imho. :)

looks good! i starting making the back pieces of my box(es) yesterday. yea, fiberglass is a pita...especially where someone stole my respirator (im loopy/sick within ~15-20 minutes of starting)...personally, i would have gotten a little more polyglass/bondo to try to smooth it out entirely...but congrats man, they look really good for a first time around.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know the fiberglass isn't exactly smooth, it is a little wavy. The problem was the when i was stretching the cloth around it to make the mold, the stock plastic kickpanel isn't exactly a sturdy piece to wrap cloth around. I would bend and move, so i couldn't wrap the cloth as tightly as i would've liked.

For finishing i used Bondo ultimate, since i couldn't find a place locally that sold Evercoat products, and it is a great product. It sands pretty easily, has pretty much no pinholes, and blends very easily. I'll definately use it again for any future products.

·
From here to there
762 Posts
Wow man good thing you don't need the clutch space!!
How's the sound???

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
those wouldn't last one winter here in NY. :D nice job though.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I used to warm up the material (vinyl) a little before applying, it is much more pliable and will "hug" the surface very well. I don't know if you did this, but they look great.

Excellent work.

·
Designated Drinker
2,416 Posts
they dont look bad, but they're taking up an awful lot of space.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^i hardly even notice the space is gone :D

I think kickpanels are rather climate and driver dependent. Since i'm a small guy(5'7") and i live in North Carolina where we have fair weather, kickpanels were a pretty good choice.

Thanks for the comments. :)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, i have the midbass from the 3-way set. I had the regular 2-way CDT HD set for a while and then i turned it into the 3-way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts