B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering which one you guys would go with
i was going to buy the rockford then the guys at visions (canada) persuaded me into buying the kicker for the smae price. Which one would you guys gowith? Just provide me with pros and cons of each. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
kicker=cleaner sound, way more power output even though it is not rated to have more(cheater amp) and much nicer cosmetics. Rockford no pros here, high heat, high distortion and low power output.

·
fückin your mom
644 Posts
i would choose the kicker as well. i was in the market for a amp in that range awhile back and i got an xtant A6001 off ebay at a great price. ind i recommend taking a look. the only thing i dont like about the amp is im not fond of the quality of the built in crossover and sub sonic filter they are almost useless. the amp is killer esecially when put under a 1 ohm load

·
P.I.M.P.
211 Posts
we sell both Kicker and RF at our shop and from experience the RF will kill the Kicker in power output. my vote is RF

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Well, It seems it is a word of mouth that RF sucks now. Well, it does not. I love my RF Power 451s, best $169 spent. It plays great, CLEAN and Smooth. Compared to my Alpine, it sounds better. Yeah, there are better amps for more money, for sure. But to me, the $169 I spent (e-bay) got me the sound/performance of an amp. of at least 1.5x the price.

I wonder if people bother to listen to RF anymore. I think they just hear RF sucks, then spread the word. It really makes me sad that US acoustics for example is regarded as a great deal. Sure, lol. I paid $155 for a USX2100, sold it in a week. W/ only $14 more, I got the 451s, which is 4x times better, more output (yes, RF outputs at least the rated wattage and some more, http://www.pasmag.com/news/get.asp?ID=611&tsectionkey= ) is clean and has GREAT SQ.

Like it or not, RF products are well built. Quality is there (circuits, board) and technology too, for the Power series at least.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a RF 301S for my compenents it powers more then enough to my Phoenix Gold 6.5 Octane R's

·
fückin your mom
644 Posts
i agree that rockford does not entirely suck but ive owned about 4 rockford amps and my only complaint about them is they run really hot compared to all the other amps ive owned. they especially have a tendency to overheat and shut down when in a trunk in arizona heat. and the SQ was ok but agian not up to par with other amps i have aquired in the same price range BTW the other amps ive had are alpine V12,zapco,xtant so im hardly a expert and i could be wrong.
bottom line rockford is somtimes a great deal thats about it. their nothing to write home about

·
fückin your mom
644 Posts
FLSPEC-VRACER18 said:
id go with pyle
your joking right, the only place to get pyle around here is the swap meet(not kidding)

·
Registered
929 Posts
dude. think about it. if u can buy a speaker for like 10 bucks that mean u can blow them as much as u want and dont have to worry aboutr losin a 200 dollar invest ment.

·
fückin your mom
644 Posts
FLSPEC-VRACER18 said:
dude. think about it. if you can buy a speaker for like 10 bucks that mean you can blow them as much as you want and dont have to worry aboutr losin a 200 dollar invest ment.
im feelin that statement but would you really enjoy listening to it and would it be an improvment over stock? problly not. might as well take a boom box to listen to in the car, it may yeild better results

·
Registered
929 Posts
Sicx13 said:
im feelin that statement but would you really enjoy listening to it and would it be an improvment over stock? problly not. might as well take a boom box to listen to in the car, it may yeild better results
oh, everyday drivin. i was referrin to gettin a **** load of these speakers and puttin like 8x the max power to them and winnin a trophy at every car show.

·
Uses hands while bouncing
654 Posts
Hell yeah, blow everyone's ears out and shit. That would be AWSOME, guy wins with 8 $10 speakers in his car!! LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts