B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My 2001 GXE started having an issue with the linkage in that it wouldn't let the ignition key turn. At the end of the work day, I put in the key and it won't turn to start the car. I did manage to get it to turn after jiggling the key around for about 10 minutes.

When I got home, I WD-40ied the frack out of it. This morning - more key woes, wouldn't turn. And no, the steering wheel wasn't locked - it was centred.

As a FYI - it has never done that before. Anyone have tips to permanently fix this issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi everyone,

My 2001 GXE started having an issue with the linkage in that it wouldn't let the ignition key turn. At the end of the work day, I put in the key and it won't turn to start the car. I did manage to get it to turn after jiggling the key around for about 10 minutes.

When I got home, I WD-40ied the frack out of it. This morning - more key woes, wouldn't turn. And no, the steering wheel wasn't locked - it was centred.

As a FYI - it has never done that before. Anyone have tips to permanently fix this issue?
I’ll add that the car has just 53,000 miles - it was Grandmas car and now is mine As a daily driver.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@turnsebr - The steering wheel is not stuck. I'm wondering if it's a moisture issue? The only thing that has changed is that whenever I squirt WD-40 into the chamber, it starts working again, with the odd stick? ¯\(ツ)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts