B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what I want to do
I really like the SE-R Spec-V but I think I will lose money on a trade in with the focus
if I do this it would be about a year or so

any ideas
also I could give the focu to my parents then sell my dads car and buy an SE-R Spec-V
what to do what to do?

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Keep the Focus..

Unless you are independently wealthy. Cars are such a terrible investment especially for someone younger. You are lucky to have a decent ride at this point. Get your career going and then buy the ride you like. BTW I am no FucUs fan, I think these cars don't have much of a track record for durability. However the SE-R will also have no track record (except it's not a ford). Maybe when it runs out of warranty, unload it on parents. By then you may have sonething else in mind. I would not buy the SE-R in the first year anyway- when the 2L is still available.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hey, go with your heart :) If you really want the SE-R and you can afford it, buy it. But like adc100 said, cars are a terrible investment as you'll find out when you try to trade in your Focus. They lose sooooo much value sooooo quickly. Be prepared to lose a lot of money on your Focus cuz Focus's have a poor resale value. Then again, so do Sentras so as soon as you buy your SER or SE, you're going to lose more money.

If you can afford to lose all this money, then go for it. Or maybe you can wait for the Focus SVT...I'm sure the Ford dealer will give you more for the Focus than a Nissan dealer will.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would wait for a few years on the new SE-R that way they have time to work out any problems it may have in the first year or two

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I'd agree to wait a year or so. Being a test lab rat for a new drivetrain in a new ~$20k car isn't cool.

·
Registered
783 Posts
IMHO there is no need to wait. The b15 itself has been out over a year now with no significant problems. The new engine is going to go into most Altima's. You can bet Nissan has confidence in it, since a problem there could just about kill Nissan. This engine has been out as the QR20DE and the QR20DD for over a year in the Bluebird and Sylphy. The biggest change is the displacement increase to the QR25DE and any US requirements. (see FreshAlloy.com engine matrix)

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Here's your engine....it looks like a tight fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts