B15 Sentra Forum banner

Keep Blowing My ECCU Fuse!

607 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ferraristyle 
#1 ·
:mad: Ok, I lost to a civic and an accord at the same time last night. Keep reading this in not a drag post. So anyway, after having a good night at the Rockville meet (met another 2 boarders there) I start heading home. I catch a light and a civic comes up on my left and accord on my right. Everyone is jabbing the throttle so I'm thinking....."This is going to be the best kill story"

Anyway, light turns green and I embarass both cars out of the hole. There was very little wheel hop or spin, it was nice. So I jam on the throttle and the hole-shot is great, put half a car on them just in first. Then it happens, right when I go to shift from first to second boom my car just turns off (and the honda's go flying by me). I manage to coast into a service station and low and behold the car starts up again (the car wouldn't start last time this happened. Cool I think, maybe for some reason I just stalled the car. So I start the car back up and there is no throttle responce. I mean I can put the throttle to the floor and I can't get any more then 2K. So I continune to think, Don't think it could be a throttle cable, lets just check that fuse thing again.

Sure enough, the 10 Amp ECCU fuse is blown. Since I'm out of 10 amp fuses I just take the one from the horn and put it in. (BTW, this is in the fuse box next to the battery, not the one in the car) After that I'm good to go.

So WTF is going on with my car? Is my grounding kit messing with something? Possibly my exhaust ground? Maybe my CAI? Maybe I have a bad rev limiter?

Please any suggestions. I have to be able to redeem myself.

See less See more
#2 ·
electrical problems are hard to diagnose. I would bring all of the 10a fuses to the dealership and have them diagnose arnd resolve the issue if I was you.

#3 ·
Ok, Slowly diagnosing when this happens. Removed Grounding Kit and alarm hook up. Now I'm not blowing fuses but still stalling out. This only happens on a launch. If I start the car from a rolling start does not seem to have the problem. It's just at a launch. Does not matter if I drop the cluch at 2200 or start from a dead stand still with no drop, still the problems presist. Ideas? Fuel pump? TPS?

#5 ·
Man I love it when I can answer the questions I posted. I think I've found my problem.

Ok here's the deal, when I said I removed the grounding cables I ment I dsconnected them from the neg terminal. So since I couldn't find the problem I said OK dealership time, time to go back to stock. So I start taking off the kit and when I get to the middle bolt, the one kinda beside the throttle body I notice that the insulation has been pulled a little exposing bare wires.

I proceed to take off the rest of the kit and then I'm like, "this can't have been this simple." Sure enough, off I go and no stalling no blown fuses, nothing except the chirp of the tire off the line. I'm like "YES!" so in celabration I rev the engine, drop the clutch and get a little of the white stuff coming from the two front tires.

Don't know if it was the open wires or the kit itself. I'm going to tape up the connections with electrical tape and put it back on later this week. Then we'll find out what the problem was.

Now where are those Honda's? Here Honda, Honda, Honda

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.