B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one interested in some Kaminari parts? We have awesome pricing on the wide mouth kits or seperate components.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Ok. I'm curious. Does Kaminari have a website or brochure I could check out?

*edit* I found it. http://www.kaminari.com duh! :D

*another edit* K. There's nothing on the website for a 2000+ Sentra. Honestly, I'd like to see some sideskirts, front spoilers, rear valances, or different rear spoilers made for our cars...

[Edited by SR20DE 2K on 05-23-2001 at 04:23 PM]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Protuning said:
Any one interested in some Kaminari parts? We have awesome pricing on the wide mouth kits or seperate components.
Do you work for them???

If so I am really curious and also interested could we possibly see a kit or something????

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Sorry guys

I talked with someone from Kaminari a couple weeks ago and he said that they had nothing planned so far.
IF you'd like to speak to Kaminari directly they have a info AOL Instant Messenger Screen Name: KaminariUSA
Just give them an IM they're on between 9am and 5pm or something and they reply right to your IMs. Again it's "KaminariUSA".

In fact he said it may be a while since they had nothing planned yet. He didn't even hint at a small glimpse of hope, he was straight and to the point.

BUT do not be discouraged.
I've been emailing a lot of companies for any hope of products. So far only Veilside has replied. I will start a new thread with all the emails I get from all these companies, stay tuned... I only am waiting for a few more responses which should be either today or tomorrow.

*edit* also, when I say products, I mean for the B15 *edit*

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the problem is this - people from msg boards bug them, and state their case how much things would sell if they make it... they tried it before... and after the product was done, and everyone LOVED it, no one bought it. Kaminari has a bad taste in their mouth from the internet communities because alot of the people are BS'ers. Talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. Kaminari invested $40k on the last project for an internet community and lost money on it. We buy alot from Kaminari, so we know alot about what goes on in their marketing decisions...

G

·
That is the problem with big businesses. They no longer cater to the needs of the few. I doubt the B15 market will ever be able to support their sales requirments to turn a profit. Heck, what do they want, 20 kits a month or something?

However, I forsee the entire import aftermarket undergoing significant changes in the next few years. I hate to say it, but the Civic isn't going to be the "hot" car forever. If aftermarket companies don't allow room for change, they will be left behind. I think it will be a change for the better though. Cars like the Focus are taking everyone by surprise. The winds of change are blowing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Remember though.. if a company doesn't make a profit, it will not be a company for very long. No they do not expect 20 kits a month. But at least 50 kits in a year. If you own a company, of course you are going to make a kit that will sell for SURE. Because you are investing 40-50 thousand for each new design! The Focus is doing well, and that's why Kamianri has made two kits, a wing, and hoods for it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sad fact of the matter is that Protuning is right, it all comes down to money, money and more money.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I don't think that we have too much to fear. As Maxx said, the changes are coming. The civic cannot and will not be the "hot" car forever. In fact even the new model hasn't got much out for it, at least not as much as would be expected of it being "the" car. New Accords have a lot more.

The Focus surprised me and even the Neon had quite a shock. I dont believe that we have too much to fear, however. There are two things to take into account. One is that the seeds of change are at hand. Nissan with its new friends have a great future and sales are doing well as far as I know. In fact, the plans for the future Altima and high-powered Maxima of 2003/4 is already anticipated. Let alone the oncoming freighttrain of the Sentra SE-R!

That's my second point. The Se-R is coming and will up the sales of Sentras across the board (we hope). Products will also become far more available.... the only problem I foresee is that people who buy the SE-R would be happy with the body kit and perhaps not want a new one. HOWEVER, those without the SER will gladly purchase kits to "match wits" so to speak.

I guess all I'm saying is... only time will tell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts