B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Place racing gives us K&N filters, while Hotshot gives us Hiper filters. What is the difference between the filters? Is Hiper a good name brand? Is there an advantage to having a K&N opposed to a Hiper? I just want to know what the big deal with K&N is.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I dont think it matters as far as performance. They both share a similar design. I have both filters setting right next to me so i can tell you they both look to be of equal quality.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
All I know about Hiper is that I don't like the headlight bulbs.
But HotShot is known for quality products. If they use Hiper filters, then I'm cool with Hiper filters.

Just my .02

------------------
Jae

'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

G

·
The Hiper filter is just a K&N knockoff. I wouldn't expect them to be of lower quality...just a little less expensive.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are the hiper filters reusable like K&N? If so, Could you use the K&N reoil kit for it? or does hiper make their own reoil kit?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by azninvazion:
are the hiper filters reusable like K&N? If so, Could you use the K&N reoil kit for it? or does hiper make their own reoil kit?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, they are washable and you can oil it with the k&N oil kit

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
K&N's carry the lifetime warranty where THe other company doesn't That's a big consideration to think about

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya, but I don't think that K&N's warranty covers wear and tear. What else could go wrong with your filter?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
they cover wear and tear that's what the million mile warranty,,,for instance here's a case my friend has a K&N drop in filter and he has it for 5-6 years and one day he was taking it out to clean it and caught it on a bolt and tore a little piece of it and he returned it and they sent him a new one.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts