B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys.. I don't wanna mod my car all that much. Will I notice a Difference usin the K&N Air Filter on my 2000 SE Auto? My Impreza buddy says it bumps HP up about 5..which would put it around 150hp. Opinions?

·
Registered
169 Posts
are we talking drop in or cone????
drop in ~1 hp if you are lucky
cone is typicly quotes as 3-5.

it all depends on the system.. CAI would probably be closer to 5

tgenius said:
Guys.. I don't wanna mod my car all that much. Will I notice a Difference usin the K&N Air Filter on my 2000 SE Auto? My Impreza buddy says it bumps HP up about 5..which would put it around 150hp. Opinions?

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
tgenius said:

Hmm....you're not really going to notice much difference in a drop in, as so I've heard so far, but the flow and filteration will improve, and the filter lasts a lot longer than regular type OEM air filters. I'm not big on the numbers, because they really don't mean much from the seat of the pants feel that you're actually getting. Also, CAI's have been dyno proven from 7-12 HP depending on application. I know that my car pulls really hard at 4k+. POP charger claims at max 5 HP, and also has been dynoed in that area by a number of applications and cars. If you don't want to mod, I definitely would pick up a drop in. :)

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm just concerned as my gas milage sucks right now.. I want to take it to the dealer to fix. I'm also on a REALLY tight budget..as I'm buyin a house in less than a year.. I want to help as much as possible.. but cost is a major detractor right now.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
tgenius said:
I'm just concerned as my gas milage sucks right now.. I want to take it to the dealer to fix. I'm also on a REALLY tight budget..as I'm buyin a house in less than a year.. I want to help as much as possible.. but cost is a major detractor right now.
The only reason my gas gets low is because of the extra little lead I have in my foot with my exhaust and CAI. Overall, my gas is better with the mods, I think. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought the K&N air filter a couple days ago. P/N 33-2031-2 I don't know if it's just the clean air filter or not, but the car is getting a little better mileage and definately more power.

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rslam-you got 5spd or auto? How many miles you got?

·
B15Sentra.net Hater
0 Posts
When I first bought my K&N for my 5spd SE I noticed a small change in power. I also noticed a little bit more of an open sound at full throttle, which I was excited about. Overall, a good buy for sure, I don't know how it will fair on your auto (why'd you get one! EVIL!), but I think they're worth it.

·
RWD is teh bomb
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't drive stick..plus I do mostly city driving..where its stop-go..and I like my automatic.. it goes pretty quick..just tryin to figure out if the filter is worth the 50 bucks

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
tgenius said:
I can't drive stick..plus I do mostly city driving..where its stop-go..and I like my automatic.. it goes pretty quick..just tryin to figure out if the filter is worth the 50 bucks
Well, K&N filters last a lot longer than stock air filters, and they flow better with better filteration. That should sum it up for you right there, unless you don't want to spend 50 bucks right off the bat.

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
I put a K&N Drop in in my auto. Plus I also took out that air box resonator (or whatever it is that sits in the fender well). I noticed at the 4000 rpm level a little more umph, and a little sound increase. Overall I would say that it's a well spent $50.

·
Registered
11 Posts
tgenius
I've got a 5 speed manual with about 17,000 miles. Another day with the new filter in the car and it is definately running better. This filter is NOT the cone shaped one shown in some of the mods. It is a repalcement filter that goes in the box just like the original one. I spotted one online for $38.88US at http://www.martelbros.com. Again, this is the flat shaped one, part number 33-2031-2

·
Registered
3 Posts
go ahead and get it dude..its worth the 40-50 bucks if your on a budget and you dont want to drastically mod the car. in the VW world... k&n's drop ins are the intake mod of choice.. open element filters just sap low end torque (keep in mind this is on the new vw's only) japanese cars respond well to cai's :)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
My neighbor owns a 97 Dodge Ram and He threw a K&N drop in filter in his truck and he said he noticed the difference....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
luv2play18 said:
what exactly does the k&n drop in do. sorry im new to this
Here's a link to the website of K&N they can pbrobably give you alot better descriptions than I or anyone else can:) http://www.knfilters.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts