B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick up the new Import Tuner. It has some articles on the most popular turbos out there. There is a picture of a white SE-R classic and a G20 engine bay. If you read the article it says that JWT made an application for the 00-01 SE. I kinda read it in a hurry, but I am pretty sure of what I read.

·
Registered
0 Posts
JWT makes good stuff for Nissan's but I would choose FMAX over JWT because I know they make one of the most reliable turbo on the market...

Jeff-

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
HMMMMM I'll have to go out and pick up this issue do they have a web-site????? cause I don't think I've ever seen that mag around here.....

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i think its a misprint, just cuz the ECU is still months away. Thats the only thing holding us up. FMAX is the best out from what ive heard. Im curious what manifold JWT is using (if it is available), wouldnt surprise me if they were using the FMAX' tho

·
Registered
0 Posts
DarKsiDe_SE said:
i think its a misprint, just cuz the ECU is still months away. Thats the only thing holding us up. FMAX is the best out from what ive heard. Im curious what manifold JWT is using (if it is available), wouldnt surprise me if they were using the FMAX' tho
FMAX makes one of the best manifold's out there (for HONDA I know..but not for others). They might use stupid method to minimize detonation..but it works fine w/ me...9psi w/ no problems compare to DRAG or REVHARD..9psi w/ stock motor and you'll go kaboom. My boy is a distributors for FMAX and he can get it real cheap so if you're seroius..let me know and I'll see if I can hook you up.

Jeff-

·
Registered
124 Posts
The JWT kit is probably the F-max kit. the JWT header on their website is the hotshot header. They probably can say it's the JWT turbo kit because it is controled with their ECU, but all the other components are from F-MAx.

G

·
Both the Hotshot kit and the F Max kit use the JWT Ecu, so in a sense they are both JWT turbo kits. hehehe. The word is that between the two, the F Max kit is the one to get.

F Max does have a good reputation, but they don't have a kit yet for us either. Yeah, we could use the 97 ECU, but then we have the intercooler piping to deal with. I know the B15 has to be somewhat different than the B14. Changes in how the piping is routed would have to be made in order for the kit to bolt on. The exhaust won't be a problem since it is nearly identical prior to the 2nd cat. It would be an adventerous project, but it would have to be done by someone that lived in California, so that all the bugs could be worked out by F Max and JWT directly.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The biggest obstacle is the ECU. The piping could be customized without a prob. Im kinda on the fence about whether i want to do this or get another project car. Im gonna give FMAX a ring since they are so close.

·
Registered
0 Posts
DarKsiDe_SE said:
The biggest obstacle is the ECU. The piping could be customized without a prob. Im kinda on the fence about whether i want to do this or get another project car. Im gonna give FMAX a ring since they are so close.
Apexi Power FC.....stand alone ECU :)

Jeff-

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
CorporalJeff said:
DarKsiDe_SE said:
Apexi Power FC.....stand alone ECU :)

Jeff-
Ive got to look into that then...dont know if anybody has tried that.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
chinoworld said:
his b15, i believe its the same manifold as the b14. im not sure tho.
Its not Mikes car, your talking about the turbo b15 Rob Cadle built for Nissan. The manifold is from the pulsar GTI-R.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
no... but Mike did that?.... haha i was talking my homie from Unisport with a 99 SE (James) and he said Mike was experimenting with some ish... so thats what he was trying huh.... trying to go turbo without an ecu.... should have known.... the AFC doesnt control our mixture to well, the guy I was talking about is some guy I met at Biggie's, he said he ended up running too lean and popped his ish.....

i say just be patient and wait for Jim Wolf to come out with a specific ecu..... but if you cant wait.... call Jim Wolf and ask if you can try to run a 95 ecu and match us all the wiring to fit the 95 harness..... they will probably have to do some emissions fooling, but i here it doesnt effect anything

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i know mike tried to turbo his **** and blew something. That turbo 99 SE, is it black? If it is i got pics of it from dynoday, check the sig

·
Registered
940 Posts
read the article in the issue. it's even got a 50-state legal #. however, not blowoff, not intercooler, and only 6.5 pounds of boost, adding up total to 177hp to the wheels, for around $3200. i am sure you can get the same power going all-engine for half as much!

·
Registered
0 Posts
SDsr20de858 said:
I know someone that has tried an AFC..... and they blew their engine....

Jim Wolfs ecu controls everything... we dont need an AFC
It's best if you use stand alone ECU and the reason being is that you fully control everything. Pre-set ECU is already set and every car have different spec and by using the same ecu is not going to fully utilize the potential of your car. The only downside is that you have to fully understand how to use the stand alone ecu or else one little setting will blew up your motor.

Jeff-

1 - 20 of 25 Posts