B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just to give you guys the headsup that the JWT cams for the Spec V are finally in stock and being shipped to us as we speak. JWT has around 30 in their first batches and we already have 9 of those sold and on the way. The other 20 are promised to us first but also on a first come first serve.

As far as some specs on the cams: According to my JWT rep, the cams are more aggressive than the Nismo cams. Specs are 5 tenths higher on the lift and 2 degree higher on the duration. hp has been dynoed at between 8.5-10 on a stock motor.

Price on the cams are $560.00 plus shipping. Email me at [email protected] for any questions. Thnaks, Andy

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
I thought the Nismo cams were more agressive??
What are the specs of both sets??

$675 for Nismo
$560 for Jwt, plus they are more agressive ?????

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
JWT=good ****
Nismo=overpriced ****

nismo is gonna be more expensive cause they are being sold at an outrageous markup, i think dealer markup on nismo cams is around 300$

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
Really good news! I don't have the cash right now for cams but maybe sometimes...

Is JWT have finally mark which cam is the intake and exhaust? Pre-production were not and could even be install "backward" causing the camshaft sensor read wrong...

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
yeah he shoould have better gains to, would love to see gains on a bolted spec-v....hmmmm next dyno day is this month

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
how hard, not too hard, but if u dont know what your doin it could be deadly, hell if you know what your doin (armin) you can still **** it up

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
are the springs gonna be neccessary to run the JWT cams, i know orginally they had talked about only being able to do it with their valve springs

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
qr25deSpecV said:
are the springs gonna be neccessary to run the JWT cams, i know orginally they had talked about only being able to do it with their valve springs
Valve springs are not required w/ the cams. They will be worth it once the JWT ecu comes out so that you can rev higher then the current rev limit. You can generally save some time and money on intsall if you get them put in w/ the cams.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
You don't need the valve springs if you don't plan on going over the redline, but if you're planning on getting the JWT ecu in the future, get them, but at $13 a spring, damn that's insane

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.