B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
maybe we can get a group buy going for those people who REALLY want to do the ECU upgrade...... like maybe a group buy for b14 harnesses and 97 ECU's......

what do you guys think.....

I would really be interested

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
I closed it for a reason, you can read it in the post.

Its because right now we are at the whim of JWT to make it, so when they are ready they will

if you want to do a b14 one, you are going to need the wiring diagram of both a 97 ser and then the b15 and then you are going to need a 97 core ecu to send JWT along with the wiring harness.

Lots of money just to raise a rev limiter and gain a few hp.

JWT ecu 500
core 100 (if you can find one for that much)
harness 200 (that is a guess)

If you are serious I'll help you with the wiring diagram for the b15. Its going to be a lot of work though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If the harness mod was done, I would be in. I don't know if I have the Know-How to go solo.

I recently bit the bullet on the '01 FSM. I guess I have to go look for a 97 FSM on ebay. Although, I seem to remember that I read the SEMA car used a '95 ECU conversion (with help from JWT). It would be nice to get some more info on that car.

I would not give up on JWT. I don't think you will ever be able to pin them down how they decide what they are going to work on. I believe its a mixture of business and what interests them at the moment. Just keep politely reminding them of our interest.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
JWT didn't keep any info on the wiring conversion for the SEMA car. They will probalby help us a little.

Please don't bother them about making it for the 00+ cars though. It only makes them mad, trust me, they know the interest is there.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
hey david.... ill let you know when I have the money..... but I really want to do that mod........ i know that if i have that ECU.... my car would be performing sooooo much better!!! Damn 6600 rev limiter..... that thing is really holding me back!!!!

thanks for the info david...... your a big help :D

G

·
Here is the best info. I have from Ben at JWT on how to do the conversion.

Only 75% of the wires from the B15 harness will plug into the B14 harness. The remaining 25% have a different shaped plug, and will have to be hand soldered to work on the B14 harness. As David mentioned, you will need a B14 ECU and Wiring harness to make the switch and pay for JWT to do the reprogramming. It would get very expensive in a hurry.

Sr20Devolpment said the change over is somewhat difficult. There are many wires that have to re-soldered and repositioned.

Now, you also have to realize that this is a somewhat permanent change. Its not like you can swap back to the B15 ecu. You will have to resolder EVERYTHING again to get the old ECU back in use.

You will lose many critical emissions devices with the B14 ECU, so your car will probably not pass emissions. IMO, the only reason to go through all this trouble is for the Nitrous or Turbo program. I don't think the N/A gains are substantial enough to justify the cost and labor.

JWT will help you out if you want to do it though. You'll have to source your own parts, but they can give you some guidance on how to do the wiring changeover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts