If the harness mod was done, I would be in. I don't know if I have the Know-How to go solo.
I recently bit the bullet on the '01 FSM. I guess I have to go look for a 97 FSM on ebay. Although, I seem to remember that I read the SEMA car used a '95 ECU conversion (with help from JWT). It would be nice to get some more info on that car.
I would not give up on JWT. I don't think you will ever be able to pin them down how they decide what they are going to work on. I believe its a mixture of business and what interests them at the moment. Just keep politely reminding them of our interest.
hey david.... ill let you know when I have the money..... but I really want to do that mod........ i know that if i have that ECU.... my car would be performing sooooo much better!!! Damn 6600 rev limiter..... that thing is really holding me back!!!!
Here is the best info. I have from Ben at JWT on how to do the conversion.
Only 75% of the wires from the B15 harness will plug into the B14 harness. The remaining 25% have a different shaped plug, and will have to be hand soldered to work on the B14 harness. As David mentioned, you will need a B14 ECU and Wiring harness to make the switch and pay for JWT to do the reprogramming. It would get very expensive in a hurry.
Sr20Devolpment said the change over is somewhat difficult. There are many wires that have to re-soldered and repositioned.
Now, you also have to realize that this is a somewhat permanent change. Its not like you can swap back to the B15 ecu. You will have to resolder EVERYTHING again to get the old ECU back in use.
You will lose many critical emissions devices with the B14 ECU, so your car will probably not pass emissions. IMO, the only reason to go through all this trouble is for the Nitrous or Turbo program. I don't think the N/A gains are substantial enough to justify the cost and labor.
JWT will help you out if you want to do it though. You'll have to source your own parts, but they can give you some guidance on how to do the wiring changeover.