B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about getting the JWT cams, i know people have them and are happy, but does anyone have the JWT springs to, and if so, how are they doing with the cams?

·
Foolishly Impractical
966 Posts
The springs are basically an exersize in futility at this point, they are only really needed if you plan on reving past the 6200 rpm redline, and with no ECU modifications available right now that really isnt an option. I guess you could put em in anyway in anticipation of raising the redline at a later date, but you really won't notice a difference as things stand right now.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
you'll actually lose power w/ the springs if you dont raise the redline since they are harder to compress. So wait on those until JWT comes out w/ a reflash..or you run a standalone ECU. Also it's somewhat poinltess w/o new pistons and rods to lower the rod/stroke ratio and lower piston speeds somewhat

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
pio!pio! said:
you'll actually lose power w/ the springs if you dont raise the redline since they are harder to compress. So wait on those until JWT comes out w/ a reflash..or you run a standalone ECU. Also it's somewhat poinltess w/o new pistons and rods to lower the rod/stroke ratio and lower piston speeds somewhat
What does raising the redline have to do with anything ? :confused:

The QR25DE makes plenty of power around 5000-6000 rpm's . ;)

·
Theory freak learning...
3,920 Posts
BodeB15 said:
What does raising the redline have to do with anything ? :confused:

The QR25DE makes plenty of power around 5000-6000 rpm's . ;)
Yeah but actually, with a FULL bolt-ons mods I/H/E and CAMS you would see a power increase over 5000RPM too ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts