B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these dont fit the newly redesigned sr20 but i what would i need to swap out to run them.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(Searching for a Honda EF or 240sx Coupe)

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
I think you would need the entire old sr20 motor. I have been told that the motors are too different to just swap out the roller rockered head with that of the old motor. But just hold out Dark, I have heard that they are working on roller cams for ours, as well as a conversion for the old motor to make it have roller rockers, which means more roller cams. later

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, Stromung midpipe.

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
And just curious, why have you been going by the new name?

------------------
Avalanche 2000 Sentra SE/PP, JWT POP, Advanced Timing @ 17 deg.,205/50ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza RE730s, Stromung midpipe.

G

·
You should be able to swap out just the head from an older SR20DE. I don't see why the old head wouldn't be a direct bolt on to the block.

That way you could run the JWT cams, have port and polish work done, ect. ect.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Registered
149 Posts
seeing as how long JWT takes to get stuff done i dont want to wait til next year or so. Good work takes time i kno. I figured i could get an extra older sr20 head, get some work done on it along with C series cams. 25+hp from a set of cams alone would kick ***.

and i just wanted to change my name to go with my new haircut. Jk, just got old i guess :)

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
The cams are already made, they mainly just need to be tested.

I think Mike was looking for the time and someone he trusted to be able to do it. Josh, maybe if you know Mike at all you can talk to him.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Registered
124 Posts
Totally unrelated but I'll be near you next year David. I'll be attending Bentley College in Waltham Mass.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by david:
The cams are already made, they mainly just need to be tested.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cams for B15s?

------------------

·
Registered
149 Posts
ya, i emailed mike k. about b15 cams
this is his reply:

I have the proto cams but I need a test mule, someone I can trust that is
not flaky. I got bad vibes from the other people that volenteered. I am
too busy to devote a lot of time to it so a smart person that can handle
installation is important.

Mike

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

[This message has been edited by Jo$H (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
778 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jo$H:
ya, i emailed mike k. about b15 cams
this is his reply:

I have the proto cams but I need a test mule, someone I can trust that is
not flaky. I got bad vibes from the other people that volenteered. I am
too busy to devote a lot of time to it so a smart person that can handle
installation is important.

Mike

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yo josh...DO IT!!!!! how far off are you from el cajon? shouldnt be too far. be the test mule so you gots something tell tell your grandkids. "
josh, the pioneer for the little people"
sounds good eh? well think about it man, it would be nice to see how it works out. btw, would this also mean an ecu in the works????

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Why was the other people shaky though?

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

1 - 11 of 11 Posts