B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
nice 2.0 you have. I like the blacked out headlights. I was thinking about getting those blacked out headlights for my 02 XE, but my cars color is "out of the blue" and I dont know if it would match too well. The only mods I have is a CAI, tinting, and a sony xplod system.

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
oh i remember you with the cute pic of you and your car :)
lookin good! (both of you :D)

·
Registered
243 Posts
looks realy good man. "God drives a Nissan Sentra" lol are you apart of that church? or was it just a coincident.

·
Registered
242 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
lookin nice! its clean... but... your subs are facing the wrong way ??? :confused:
Wrong way?? You can face them in any direction that gives you a better sound. Sometimes facing them backwards has a reflecting effect that can improve the sound. I usually had an air opening facing front though.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
lookin nice! its clean... but... your subs are facing the wrong way ??? :confused: how do u get the box to stay in place??.. or does it??
hey their not backwards... i'd rather see em hit then to just feel it especially wit the neon, and it cuts down on rattling regardless of dynamat. and the box stays in place, its secured in place real well thing doesnt move a bit even with the friggin way i drive!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
nightryder said:
hey their not backwards... i'd rather see em hit then to just feel it especially wit the neon, and it cuts down on rattling regardless of dynamat. and the box stays in place, its secured in place real well thing doesnt move a bit even with the friggin way i drive!
I need to secure mine...it flies all over my trunk....but i'm not sure if I'm going to keep those speakers so I don't want to mount them and then turn around and get a new set up

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SPECSen said:
I need to secure mine...it flies all over my trunk....but i'm not sure if I'm going to keep those speakers so I don't want to mount them and then turn around and get a new set up
i just measured the gaps from my box to the perimeter of my trunk in the front the back and the sides. took the measures of the sides and made cutouts from plywood (leaving it a lil larger than measurements to make sure its secure) and then covered them with the same carpet material that my box is made of which matches the carpet in my trunk. then forced em in place, which u might need some elbowgreese for since they will be bigger than the exact measurements. I did the same for the front and the back. And the thing has yet to move at all. Happend to me in my last car tho, i didnt secure it and the ground came off cuz of the box moving and it was sparking in my trunk when the bass hit! Bad news! but just do what i did and u wont even see em securing it in place. cheap and easy and no major mods. :D

·
Banned
3,486 Posts
Former14 said:
Wrong way?? You can face them in any direction that gives you a better sound. Sometimes facing them backwards has a reflecting effect that can improve the sound. I usually had an air opening facing front though.
every audio place or anyone into audio always told me you get better sound quality if its facing the trunk, and u actually lose bass facing it in the cabin.. meh maybe im wrong sorry

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
V-spec03 said:
looks realy good man. "God drives a Nissan Sentra" lol are you apart of that church? or was it just a coincident.

haha naaa i found that in someones car domain site. So sorry to whoever that was. I am in fact jewish which makes it even funnier... :cool:

·
Registered
831 Posts
PremioJoe said:
nice 2.0 you have. I like the blacked out headlights. I was thinking about getting those blacked out headlights for my 02 XE, but my cars color is "out of the blue" and I dont know if it would match too well. The only mods I have is a CAI, tinting, and a sony xplod system.
I ordered them for my "Out of the Blue" B15 2.0L SE. But i will be matching them with a CF OEM hood and black Roas with a polished lip, maybe TYC tails but that may be too ricey for me

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
every audio place or anyone into audio always told me you get better sound quality if its facing the trunk, and u actually lose bass facing it in the cabin.. meh maybe im wrong sorry

I believe it goes something like this....if you want it louder inside the car...face em forward...if you want em louder outside the car face em towards the trunk....the truth is....subs aren't directional speakers....you can hear them from any direction....but the direction its facing is where the most violent vibrations are felt.....

I would do something like that...but I use my trunk for work...so I can't exactly go throwing a bunch of wood in there :D

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
nightryder said:
haha naaa i found that in someones car domain site. So sorry to whoever that was. I am in fact jewish which makes it even funnier... :cool:
^^yes another jew
now we just need to start the B15 Jewish Army...
sorry if thats not funny :D
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sentrase00 said:
^^yes another jew
now we just need to start the B15 Jewish Army...
sorry if thats not funny :D
:rolleyes:

I find it funny haha.but i suppose i would!

·
Registered
242 Posts
SE R SpecV OmSi said:
Thats what I always thought. In hatchbacks we used to build them to face the glass and that would produce a nice sound too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Original Mr Sentra said:
You need to get some good suspension on that ride and call it a day. :)

that and some engine work...engine is all stock cept for custom exhaust. I need some more hp def!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts