B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nismo Short Shifter, and Cassie's too (SxySpecVChic) came in today. Once again, incredible pricing and service from Andy at HPAutoworks. I'm excited about installing it tonight, and I can't wait to get off of work to go start on it. I may even leave early, cause all of the sudden, I'm not feeling well ;):D:eek:

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed it after work yesterday, and install was very easy once I looked at the pictures. I cut the small tab on the right of the console to help make reverse easier. I'm still getting used to it, mainly 5th and reverse. 1st thru 4th are cake already, and just simply make the car feel soooo much more racey (nice ricey :D). 5th is a bit stiff, but only slightly. Reverse takes some push, but it goes in easy enough, I just have to be a bit more conscience about it.

The feel is much more mechanical, almost clunky, but in a good....great way. It feel much more positive when its in gear. I can't wait to get back to the track now :D:D:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey pituala, I read in another topic that you stated on a '04 Spec V the HS header simply installed with the use of one o2 sensor because of change on the '04s?
So if I buy one I won't get a ses light? Sorry to hi jack your topic won't happen agian=)
Oh yeah, glad to here some positve stuff on the Nismo SS!

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spec V '04 said:
Hey pituala, I read in another topic that you stated on a '04 Spec V the HS header simply installed with the use of one o2 sensor because of change on the '04s?
So if I buy one I won't get a ses light? Sorry to hi jack your topic won't happen agian=)
Oh yeah, glad to here some positve stuff on the Nismo SS!
Right, you shouldn't get an SES.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i got the nismo ss to and i love it but i did not take off that tab. did you find that it helped having it off? i figured that it was there for a reason so why take it off. i love the shifter though much shorter throws and feels like it locks into gear much better could just be me though. i also went with the nismo cf knob much shorter and better feel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
pituala said:
Right, you shouldn't get an SES.
Cool, so the '04s are put together righht huh?!?! Thanks for the reply.

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
airforcespecv said:
i got the nismo ss to and i love it but i did not take off that tab. did you find that it helped having it off? i figured that it was there for a reason so why take it off. i love the shifter though much shorter throws and feels like it locks into gear much better could just be me though. i also went with the nismo cf knob much shorter and better feel.
It made a difference.

·
Registered
295 Posts
pituala said:
It made a difference.
Pituala, I'm thinking of getting a short shifter for my Spec but it is my daily driver. I heard that it will decrease the life of your synchro's, is that true???

·
I drive an auto...
1,569 Posts
pituala said:
I installed it after work yesterday, and install was very easy once I looked at the pictures. I cut the small tab on the right of the console to help make reverse easier. I'm still getting used to it, mainly 5th and reverse. 1st thru 4th are cake already, and just simply make the car feel soooo much more racey (nice ricey :D). 5th is a bit stiff, but only slightly. Reverse takes some push, but it goes in easy enough, I just have to be a bit more conscience about it.

The feel is much more mechanical, almost clunky, but in a good....great way. It feel much more positive when its in gear. I can't wait to get back to the track now :D:D:D
are you having any spacing issues? ie, the shifter hitting the console at all? and what tab did you cut???

·
I drive an auto...
1,569 Posts
orb2k said:
Pituala, I'm thinking of getting a short shifter for my Spec but it is my daily driver. I heard that it will decrease the life of your synchro's, is that true???
i havent heard about hte B&M or nismo doing that....from what ive read/seen, the twm may screw with the synchros....not sure tho....im not technically inclined enough to give you a good answer :D

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
no short shifter will decrease the life of your synchros.

Hard shifting and grinding gears shortens the life of your synchros. TWM specifically makes shifts a lot smoother, which as long as you don't beat the fsck out of the car, should improve it imo.

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
Why would one SS do it, but not the others....????

Yes, they will mess up your synchros, if your not shifting smoothly. The synchros will have less time to align, causing them to wear. If you shift smoothly, there shouldn't be any problem.

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
orb2k said:
Only if you mis-shift alot.

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
metalhead said:
are you having any spacing issues? ie, the shifter hitting the console at all? and what tab did you cut???
No issues at all whatsoever. It shifts smooth and firm. I shift into 5th so nice now :D. The tab I cut was the rear part of the tab on the right side of the console that holds the shifter boot/cupholder part down. If you just pop the console piece up and push the shifter towards reverse, you can see where it contacts. You just cut a small piece off of that and you're done.

·
Poopra King
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SpecVracer315 said:
*cough* armin better get into the 12's now *cough*

:D :D :D :D
I went to the track last saturday, but I didn't spray at all. I got 16 runs in, but they all sucked. My 60' times were horrible, between 2.1 and 2.2. Very bad for me. This new flywheel makes it hard to launch on street tires, I would either bog or spin :( I'll either try it again next time on the DR's, or just keep sprayin. Right now I have to save the nitrous for this Integra guy who wants to run me, his motor for my spray. He has a JDM K20 from a CTR with a bunch of bolt-ons. Supposedly he puttin down 230ish. I think I can definately take him.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts