B15 Sentra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with hotshot. I just ordered the CAI and Headers. They told me that they are going to get a car in 2 weeks to try to design the new header so they are going to send the CAI first. Man, I have this cheesy grin and a really heavy foot that can't wait to step on the throttle when that CAI comes in. Now I hope that the weather gets a little warmer here within the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Congrats man! Nice buy! So, you're in on the Stromung deal too, right?? I'll pick up those HS headers sometime in July probably.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, I got in on that Stromung deal too. Man, my wallet is hurting...but when I get all that stuff, it'll be worth it.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Man, I feel the SAME way right now. I'm probably going to get my window's tinted here soon also. Arrgh, why can't I have more money to spend on my SE? Heheheh..

------------------
Marvin

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow... so jealous.. I am save $$ to get my CAI and header for the coming summer. How much it cost you?? I want to race the SiR side by side.

------------------
B15-SE w/ sport package.
5spd. Black.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Hey rho! The package from Hotshots ends today, and it's $580.85 I believe. Free ground shipping, so that's out the door for CAI and Header. Hope this helps.

------------------
Marvin

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Can't wait for the Hotshot headers But i might not be able to get them until the summer,,,need to save for the Stromung cat-back

------------------

Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Styling, you are exactly on my same page dude. Gotta get the Stromung before the HS.

------------------
Marvin

G

·
Is the CAI available right now? I've got one on order, but they weren't sure when they were gonna ship. I guess I should call them to find out.

It looks like Hotshot lied about the B15 header. When I (and several others) called about them, they said they would be ready to go in about 4 weeks....meaning they were in the production process. I guess they aren't!!

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (In Production.)
- Hotshot CAI (In Production.)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Max, it seems like a different story every time someone calls, it sucks.
When are they going to get on the same page??

------------------
Marvin

G

·
I just called them, and spoke to Robert. He said the 2000 Sentra isn't even scheduled to be in their shop until MARCH! So, at the earliest, your looking at the later part of March on the B15 Specific header.

Also, it looks like I won't be able to get my CAI for like 2~3 more weeks. They have a batch at the coater's right now, but they are all pre-sold. I guess I get one out of the second batch. Oh well.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

[This message has been edited by maxximtl (edited January 31, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
it does kinda sound like they are jerking us around....

------------------

Black 2k SE Performance/package with 17x7 Konig-Caffeine's,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,remote starter,and Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,and soon to be added Stromung cat-back......

CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Most definitely man! I've already talked to them, and I told them about how many people were interested in purchasing their products from my website's BB. I'm actually shocked we're not recieving the red carpet treatment! I feel this site is the only real authority on b15 cars, and we have some quality people on this BB. Place Racing really really helped me out. I also spoke with Courtesy Nissan's Steve in parts, and he was like, "Spread the word about us" to you all, and I told him, "Of course man!". I guess HS gets business elsewhere.

------------------
Marvin

G

·
When Robert told me 3 to 4 more weeks on the CAI, I seriously was considering pulling the order and getting the PR CAI instead. However, I decided to stick with them. I've heard from a few sources that their stuff is of better quality than Place Racing.

It sucks to have to wait longer though. I guess the Cat-back will be on before the CAI!

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

·
Registered
59 Posts
How much HP / torque do you guys think the HS header + the full exhaust + CAI would add to your cars?

You think it could possibly add 30hp?

------------------
Neil
Visionology Interactive
http://www.visim.com

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Wow, that's hard to say Neil. I believe it would be approx. 15-20 if that. I think you'll definitely notice the difference "seat of your pants" wise before expecting huge horsepower gains. I'm definitely going to a dyno just to see what's up.

What do you all else think? My numbers are probably off.

------------------
Marvin

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
oh yeah so am i....i'm putting my car on the dyno before i put the cat-back on with just the intake,,and then right after the cats go on an then after the headers go on so i can see what everything does on the single note.....

------------------

G

·
Just as a side note, I asked Robert about producing a Stainless Header for our cars. I guess they are getting into some stainless work, but said they wouldn't be able to help us in that arena anytime soon.

Oh well, I had to ask. hehe.

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
too bad Stromung doesn't make headers....that would be sweet......a package deal headers and cat-back.....

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
they are putting the car off on the production of the headers,,,but hey i look at it this way i'm in no rush so i can wait....just like this Jamaican guy at my work says to me "no problems mon"

------------------

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.