B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any experance with this speaker? I got it for $165 shipped, I think its a great deal. I was going to get the EF series but couldnt wait a week for them to be on order and wait another week for it to be shipped to me.

Right now I have Diamond Audio M3 coms in the front. For the rear fill I HAD the JL Audio XR coax. speaker. I took them out and had no rear fill when I added my 12" Diamond Audio Sub.

Well, I plan to sell my sub to my friend for $150 with the box. Now I wont be complete with sound coming from the rear. What should I do now? Should I put my JL coax. speaker in the rear or should I use my Diamond Audio M3 comps for the rear? Which one do you think will sound better? I know I can just try to hear it myself but I only want to take out my rear pannel once.

If I use the JL coax. I dont need a lot of power to run them, I an run them off my HU and it will give me the full sound. If I use the Diamond Audio M3 comps. I would have to bridge my 2 channel amp to power them. But I would imagin that it would sound a whole lot louder.

This might be a stupid question but if I use the M3 for rear speakers, should I use just the woofer and the xover without the tweets or should I just put the tweets on for a full sound.

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
SuperAkuma said:
anyone have any experance with this speaker? I got it for $165 shipped, I think its a great deal. I was going to get the EF series but couldnt wait a week for them to be on order and wait another week for it to be shipped to me.

Right now I have Diamond Audio M3 coms in the front. For the rear fill I HAD the JL Audio XR coax. speaker. I took them out and had no rear fill when I added my 12" Diamond Audio Sub.

Well, I plan to sell my sub to my friend for $150 with the box. Now I wont be complete with sound coming from the rear. What should I do now? Should I put my JL coax. speaker in the rear or should I use my Diamond Audio M3 comps for the rear? Which one do you think will sound better? I know I can just try to hear it myself but I only want to take out my rear pannel once.

If I use the JL coax. I dont need a lot of power to run them, I an run them off my HU and it will give me the full sound. If I use the Diamond Audio M3 comps. I would have to bridge my 2 channel amp to power them. But I would imagin that it would sound a whole lot louder.

This might be a stupid question but if I use the M3 for rear speakers, should I use just the woofer and the xover without the tweets or should I just put the tweets on for a full sound.
No rears, simple as that. see sig :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
evangelos K said:
No rears, simple as that. see sig :D

i vote for no rears as well
it blends your sound stage, which can fu*k you over in an SQ competition...andd all in all, a better set of comps up front sounds better without the rear fill.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
shrug. i'll disagree just cuz. he obviously isn't looking to do competitions, nor is he looking for perfect imaging. if you just want a boost in the sound level, rears are fine. it will degrade the imaging, but hey, we're not all perfect

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still believe that having no rear speaker is for someone who has as sub only. I dont really feel complete without rear fill if I have no sub.

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
I have no sub and had those exact same comps for a while fronts only. Of course I was driving them with a JL 300/2 so 150 watts to each side. They are great speakers, and for that price you are getting a bargain in sound. I have the CDT HD's now (2nd best they make..couldnt afford the $700 Eurosports) and let me tell ya CDT is a great audio company IMO, cant go wrong with thier comps.

·
El Greco
2,296 Posts
Gandalf said:
I have no sub and had those exact same comps for a while fronts only. Of course I was driving them with a JL 300/2 so 150 watts to each side. They are great speakers, and for that price you are getting a bargain in sound. I have the CDT HD's now (2nd best they make..couldnt afford the $700 Eurosports) and let me tell ya CDT is a great audio company IMO, cant go wrong with thier comps.

Nope, you had the HD ones (the ones you bought from me) which were better. After the amp messed them up, did you get the CL or HD again?

·
Slappy McGear Slapper
913 Posts
Nah after the amp fried that one driver I switched both to the regular CL-61 drivers for a while. Now I am running the real full HD sets with the HD drivers, upgraded 560 x-overs and the audiophile titanium tweets:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts