B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 180 watt stereo and I want to get better sound out of it but I don't want to go tearing up the interior to install new speakers, etc. I was thinking about just putting a new headunit in. How much will this improve the system? Anyone else just replace the headunit? How does it sound now? Thanks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
well i don't know how the entire system would sound with a new HU and keeping the factory speakers. After installing the new HU I still kept the front factory speakers and tweeters and the sound was improved. It had more bass and the speakers seemed to prodice sound that was a lot clearer, but after putting in aftermarket speakers the sound turned out to be really good.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yaa replace the the front and rear.. it will drastically improve ur sound... i also thought that just the head unit will help.. but u hear rattling once u turn it up cuz of the paper woofer they use... install at least a 2 1/4 depth for it... but if u want really great sound.. get the 2 1/2... like the pioneer 1765 is a great deal... if ur into the budget.. but for hifi sound. get some infinite kappas.... then take out that nasty factory subwoofer and get a 10" sub or even just a bazooka tube.. it'll really sound great.. and to stop all the rattling after the heavy hitting bass.. get some dynamat..

·
Registered
376 Posts
yes...get dynamat for the car. After i ripped the car apart to install the new stuff the car started to rattle like hell. But dynamat fixed the problem. Now i can hear the music not the rattle.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Damn you brought one back from the dead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts