B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the silver intake to go w/ my white car. It took about 4 days to get here......

Anyway, whoever designed that stupid hole which splits the stock intake in half needs to be hit in the head. So, it ended up taking about an hour or so start to finish. It would have been a lot quicker if the stock box wanted to come out.

I didnt even look at the instructions. They were for a Maxima anyway.....

Started the car up, couldnt hear it. Pulled out of garage and eased on the gas, WOW you can actually hear the engine now. Hit full throttle in first gear, the sound is quite nice. My car is about 4X louder than it was before (which is what I wanted). There seems to be better throttle response also. Go and buy one today.

·
Registered
312 Posts
hhhmmm... I didn't run into any removal problems. The most
time consuming part for me was enlarging the hole.

I agree with your performance assessment.

What a sweet sound eh?

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
UtahJ said:
hhhmmm... I didn't run into any removal problems. The most
time consuming part for me was enlarging the hole.

I agree with your performance assessment.

What a sweet sound eh?

Enjoy!
I agree with Utah....I also didn't run into any problems with the removal,,,But the enlarging thing wasn't as bad either,,,I used a Sawzall and then dremeled it smooth.....

·
Registered
446 Posts
hmm

is there a <bold>EASIER</bold> way to get the bottom portion of the stock intake (below the engine bay) out? That one screw you have to reach for is a pain to get to....I might have to go back to stock for when I take it into get the ECU upgrade...

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think SpIcEz got through from the wheel well (remove clips). When I met him he explained how he got it in there. Maybe I'm wrong. I know he didn't enlargen the hole.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yeah my friend and I were pretty puzzled how to get the big lower box out. Then we saw the instructions and thought "hey maybe we should check em out" took five minutes after that. Ended up turning the wheel all the way to the left, pull the pop rivets out of the fender and bend it back a little. box dropped right out, had my intake for a month now and still can't get over the power and sound, I love it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anybody have experience with other brands of intakes?

I look forward to the added power that it brings, but not if I'm going to sound like the dumb ginos in my neighbourhood, who announce their presence five blocks away.

I'm from the camp that believes in "let the other guy discover your performance AFTER you have him in your rear view mirror."

But that's just me

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Crimson, the reason I didint have to make the hole larger is because my custom CAI is only 2 3/8ths large, which fits just perfectly.

The CAI's from Hotshot and PR are 3" which doesnt fit at all.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Hector66

Exhaust make noise almost all the time, CAI's dont.

You'll only really hear it at WOT.

So when your driving around they wont hear it, but when you floor it it'll make just enough noise to suprise the shitnitz out of them, especially once they see that B15 *** :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
SpIcEz said:
Hector66

You'll only really hear it at WOT.

So when your driving around they wont hear it, but when you floor it it'll make just enough noise to suprise the shitnitz out of them, especially once they see that B15 *** :)
Might I add that it doesn't sound like the rice boys Hondas at all, it's a low deep growl, I was kind of hesitant at first to get it and I love it now. Like SpicEz said you can only hear it at wide open throttle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Place Racing CAI

Hey guys,
I am new to this message board, but I am very much enjoying my 2001 Sentra SE w/PP. I am interested in getting the Place Racing CAI, but where do you get it from. I have seen it mentioned all over this forum but, haven't found the site to order it from.

Also, I have tried the "free" CAI intake mod shown on the b15sentra.net website and the sound is much better than stock.

Does the Place Racing CAI sound better than that?

Thanks for the info.

G

·
The CAI sounds quite a bit different. It still has a big time growl, but a different tone. The real story is in the performance. The Free Air mod sucks IMO. I had to run it on my car for about a month. Performance was terrible compared to the PR CAI. Because the Free air mod pulls air from under the engine compartment, it is susceptible to heat soak, which kills performance. The CAI runs much more evenly, in hot or cold temps.

You can buy the PR CAI direct from place racing at http://www.placeracing.com . Give them a call and place your order! Their CAI's come with a real K&N filter which is a bonus too. THey are just over $200.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts