B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just had my car fixed three days ago (new tires, new rim) after running off the road because of a deer. I'm driving home last night and a woman decides it would be a good idea to make a right hand turn from the left lane on a three lane highway (Kirkwood highway & Duncan rd intersection in Delaware) without even checking if there's anyone in the right two lanes. So she cut off a big truck and because of the truck (I was in the right lane, also making that turn) there was no way I could see her and this is what happened. If by any chance anyone on here saw it I would really appreciate it if you could be a witness since I don't really have one. She got an unsafe lane change ticket so it is her fault.... I'm so pissed, I hope the control arm is not bent.

·
Registered
194 Posts
thats a lot of body work there your neck and back hurt huh

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have no idea, I had to go to the hospital cuz I was throwing up and I thought my head was gonna explode from the pain...

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
her insurance will cover it.........she got the ticket.

illegal lane change? WTF? that's making a right hadn turn from a FAR LEFT LANE! there's got to be a bigger penaly for that.....reckless driving maybe?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There were no witnesses to my side and she had a passanger, the cop obviously believed what I said cuz he gave her the ticket. You know how long getting something like this straightened out and fixed could take?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
In Florida, insurance legally doesn't have to reimburse you for 4 years for property damage! it's rediculous. Medical bills have to be taken care of immediately. Go ahead and file a claim on HER insurance, not yours. Get that ish fixed fast. If you get any slack, throw a huge fit and explain the pain you are in and that you need to speak with a manager. Explain that you require immediate resolution.

Also explain that if your car is not fixed in a timely manner, and they don't provide a rental, you will contact a lawyer for lost wages at work. That will get their attention.

And sorry for the bad luck. I hope you feel better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already filed a claim on her insurance... she had full coverage cuz it was a 1999 acura but she just got it six months ago... now that she's got the car maybe she should learn how to drive it. My neck and head are killing me though so I will compain if they don't call me back by monday or tuesday.

·
Suffering From Boost Envy
725 Posts
Im so sorry to hear that man. I got the same year and color so its like I am looking at my car. I know I would be a wreck if that happened to me. Listen to what these guys say. But don't go postal on them if you dont immediatley get your way. Stay calm but firm and use the facts. Telling them you'll take legal action will most likely persuade them to help you out. Good luck with all this bro.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
EFF that.. call them back today.

Your docs should give you a mild muscle relaxer along with tylenol or something of the like. Her insurance will cover everything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They told me that they will contact her (the driver of the acura) like monday, she has some insurance I've never heard of and they said they're not open saturday or sunday but someone will promptly contact me monday...

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
leave a message oin their machine :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My CAI is bent too, will they cover that or how do they deal with the aftermarket stuff???

·
EVOlving
2,059 Posts
Man that sucks. They should cover all damages caused by her. Just make sure you have a reciept for the CAI cost. I actually don't live too far from there (down on 273 near rt 1) Come to think of it, I've probably seen you driving around, cause I work up on 141 at the Exp. Station. Good luck with the insurance. Hopefully they'll be cooperative.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
jalm111 said:
My CAI is bent too, will they cover that or how do they deal with the aftermarket stuff???
a recipt is all you should need for the CAI...

did you hit your head on the b pillar or the window glass? It sounds like you have a concussion. You will feel the effects from that months down the line :( it'll gradually get better. heed my advice, don't do anything to raise your heart rate until all of your headaches are long gone. And then start slow. Concussions are not fun at all.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
jalm111 said:
the pileer and the back head rest. YEa I feel like utter shijt right now
did you get a catscan or any kind of head trauma checked out at the hospital? honestly, if you haven't go back. You won't have to pay a dime for it because of her car insurance. You should be sure you';re 100% with that area.. esp hitting something so solid like the pillar.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
jalm111 said:
i had a cat scan and x ray and stuff so i'm ok with all that...
Good...

Try to get some rest, feel better man. Everything will turn out okay and you will start to feel better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts