B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brakes on the rear were hanging from what i can guess. The rear brakes were making an awful sqweeking noise. When pressure was applied it went away then the burning smell came. Pulled both wheels and the rubber around the piston on the caliper was twisted and in very bad shape. Could barely turn the wheels when it was up on the jack. So i wonder how much i'm gonna get screwed for when they call me?

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
BodeB15 said:
Um...why not do your own brake job ?
Maybe he can't, not everyone is mechanically inclined.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts

·
gone :(
1,283 Posts
haha you said dicky (peter griffin voice)
price wise I dont know off hand but I can find out 2maro. but you will prolly know by then...lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't have the time to do stuff like that anymore. The problem was the Infiniti dealer that i bought it at forgot to put the shims back on thr rear. I know of the shims that hold it in place but not the one that goes between the piston and pad. The mechanic wanted to know how many days i drove the car like this after the recent brake job. I told him i bought the car used about 2 years ago. He was floored and was surprized that the rear brakes worked at all. Oh, well the total was $113.00 but they gotta order the parts. But i did fix my ac problem though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I believe I have the same problem. Although I still don't know what caused it. But I'm still out ~$500 in parts. I order calipers from Kragen, $300 and three days out. And of course they were the wrong ones. I think they may have been for a B14. The brackets didn't line up and the pads weren't even the same size.

It has now been 6 days since I've driven my car... :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts