B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did he make an computer for us yet? im sick of being stuck at 110(give or take a few). if so, how much. if now, then when?

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
605 Posts
Ain't made em yet. 110? I hit that but backed off because I'm still on stocks and haven't done a drop. We should be able to go higher than 110, but I haven't had the balls to try. Eh, I am happy considering I wouldn't take my old XE over 95!

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
623 Posts
i've hit low 120s when my car was fully stock... just passed my break in period when coming back from vegas and with a lil down hill, i did that a couple of times.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Jwt won't have anything for us for a while :(

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI
*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS* ***My Website***

·
Registered
297 Posts
JWT won't have anything solid for about a little less than a year. I might get one custom made for my application, but I can't reveal any info. plus am not sure if I will have the money to do so. but anywho what are you talking about, I hit 115 easily on a str8away, and almost 130 on a slightly downhill pass on I-75

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2k1DragSentra:
JWT won't have anything solid for about a little less than a year. I might get one custom made for my application, but I can't reveal any info. plus am not sure if I will have the money to do so. but anywho what are you talking about, I hit 115 easily on a str8away, and almost 130 on a slightly downhill pass on I-75

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you need some help on your little project I am sure I can help. I already did a lot of the leg work on I am sure the same thing you are thinking. So hit me up if you want some help with it.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

G

·
You guys are working on your own ECU's? Hmmm.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
297 Posts
Oh really? hmmmmmmm....hey hit me up thru
e-mail maybe we can help each other out, what do you mean by doing some of the leg work already? you know of someone that can work in our comps? well just get back to me, I am sure we can arrange something.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dude...could of sworn 5 speed b14-15s had speed limiters. guess hawaii's too damn small too get that fast. so wait, david can reprogram my compy or something? exactly what are your plans about that?

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I think david's up to something, hes been posting bout getting a turbo for his ride. And you cant do turbo without a mod'd ECU...hmmm

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(coming soon 90-91 EF)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarKsiDe_SE:
I think david's up to something, hes been posting bout getting a turbo for his ride. And you cant do turbo without a mod'd ECU...hmmm

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
maybe hes importing an s15 sr20det ecu or something that crazy. we need more people like him.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
No I have just been doing a lot of legwork to see about the possibility of getting a turbo on the b15. As of right now the money I have for it is kinda in a holding pattern so I won't be doing it till at least this summer if I do.

The conclusions I have come to through talking to JWT and others is that. To do the ecu I will end up running one of the older ones and having to elimanate some of the emissions controls. This worries me a bit since I am in Mass that has a rolling dyno emission test. I would probably pass no problem, but I'm pretty sure a check engine light would be on which I would need to eliminate.

I have done some pricing on the actual turbo kit and where I can get the custom piping down in this area. Those things will need to get done if you are going to get into this. The piping alone is probably going to be somewhere around $1000 or so once you get a bigger exhaust and then the intercooler piping and so forth.

In some ways it might just be easier to throw a det in there, but then again I would be running into possible emission problems.

What I think I am going to do is wait it out. With cams around the corner I would think that JWT would want to optimize them and to do so well they are going to need a ecu.

If you live in a non-emission state I would urge you to take this project on so that other people can learn. Take a look at the Sema project car and look at how clean the piping is routed. That car is just running a mis mash of parts that work well together. I would suggest getting the fmax kit without the piping. If you need a dealer to get that from I have a contact on that.

But as I said I was ready to take on this project myself and would probably be doing it right now but well something came up in my personal life so it must be put on hold. I have done a lot of the leg work of figuring it all out though and if you guys want some help I will gladly try to help out as much as possible. I wanted to be the first but in less things with my life get straightened out it may be a little while, which may serve to my advantage because maybe just maybe there would be a ecu out then.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ok cool I am in Florida no emissions here. Yes I will try to take this project on this summer, talk to FMAX and see what they could do for me. I am looking for a turbo that spools up around 3000-3500, not 4000+. so I guess a hybrid t3/t4 would do. The piping will be expensive, anyone know anyone involved in the SEMA project? I guess I will need lots of madrel bends, well I will need like 3 months to come up with the rest of the money, but the time effort is no problem.

------------------

1 - 13 of 13 Posts