B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having Amy's car on jackstands for a week in my garage, we finally got it buttoned up and it's running now (still needs more work)

and

After disassembling Jason's car hoping he didn't fry his ecm, it got towed to a nissan dealer and is going to get worked on lol.

and

My car had an intake and mm inserts installed successfully (for now lol)

So in the last week, we installed mm inserts, an intake, a sentra RF suspension (x2), a pulley and belts, and diagnosed the crap out of a gxe.

So I basically hate cars and working on them now :p

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
b_tapper said:
diagnosed the crap out of a gxe.

What exactly did you do to the GXE diagnostics wise?????

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
went through everything...hoping the ecm wasn't fried. Sentras have lots of fuses and relays in them lol. After checking everything out last night and today, we just had the car towed to the dealer and will have them fix it. Not sure what happened (was out with amy) but the bolt under the red cover on the alternator was hit with a screw driver, sparked, and fried the ecm I guess. Guess the point of the story is to disconnect the battery before doing any work on your car.

Also...the fsm sucks for any real work on a car...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
yea stupid me was working on my car and the end of my ratchet hit the negative terminal as i was tightneing the possitive nut because i was cleaing it and man i have never heard a louder pop and sparks went all over. scared me half to death but everything was cool :) ...

matt

·
Is still alive and well?
1,403 Posts
NO! I did that when I isntalled the header.. there is a big fuse in the fuse box that popped.. mine diddnt look blown but it was.. there was no power to the car at all when I blew that fuse.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Kind of humerous

b_tapper said:
basically everything works but there isn't any fuel or spark
When you think of it. The two things that you try to diagnose "Is there fuel or is there spark"

So when I hear someone say everything works except fuel and spark it just sounds funny :D :D

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
NiceGuy said:
I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Amy trying to figure that GXE problem out.

It didn't fry the ECU b/c of the spark, that's what the fuse was there for...something else fryed the ECU....
The tach is directly connected to the battery and ecm...that's how it got fried

I don't care....at least I wasn't there or working on it since someone forgot to disconnect the battery wich would of saved anything bad from happening.

There i no fuel or spark...the power is going to the fuel pump, but it isn't working. We checked each coil pack...no spark. The guages don't work. Basically everything run off the battery works and everything controlled by the ecm doesn't work. So the car has power, but no brains.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
my car is a *****, fu.ck nissan that is what i have said all weekend long. it better be running by friday, and they better not bend me over with a reach around and some lube.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
here is the update... Missing a fuse for the fuel pump. somebody took it out and didnt put it back in. $160 for diag and fuse replaced by nissan. damn i thought that ecu was gone. Thanks to Niceguy for any help that he gave, Thanks amy for talking to niceguy, thanks b_tapper dealership, thanks silturbo for the pulley, thanks jiffy for pulling fuse and not putting them back, lol, hopefully amy will drive my broke *** back to pa so that i can pick the car up and beating the hell out of it some more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JAYDOGG said:
here is the update... Missing a fuse for the fuel pump. somebody took it out and didnt put it back in. $160 for diag and fuse replaced by nissan. damn i thought that ecu was gone. Thanks to Niceguy for any help that he gave, Thanks amy for talking to niceguy, thanks b_tapper dealership, thanks silturbo for the pulley, thanks jiffy for pulling fuse and not putting them back, lol, hopefully amy will drive my broke *** back to pa so that i can pick the car up and beating the hell out of it some more.
Dude, what are you talking about, the fuse for the fuel pump is inside the car where you were, the hole time. You probably put it in your back pocket where you put everything else.

All i have to say is that im sorry for what happened, but I all i know is i was trying to help someone out, but it turned out to be a big headache, for nothing.

oh well, ish happens

Jiffy

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
SubaruWRC said:
Dude, what are you talking about, the fuse for the fuel pump is inside the car where you were, the hole time. You probably put it in your back pocket where you put everything else.

All i have to say is that im sorry for what happened, but I all i know is i was trying to help someone out, but it turned out to be a big headache, for nothing.

oh well, ish happens

Jiffy
jiffy i was just fu.ckin wit ya. i cant remember where they said it was but oh well. i take it brian told ya about this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JAYDOGG said:
jiffy i was just fu.ckin wit ya. i cant remember where they said it was but oh well. i take it brian told ya about this.

Well, the way i understand it is, you were all mad, which is understandable, but you were shifting the blame, for what happened, by blaming everyone else. Hell it was an accident, and ish happened, and we tried to find, the problem, and did for the most part. if i would of done it, i would of felt, even worse, than i did. I wanted to see the car run.

the thing im not really happy about is that, i made a effort to
help someone, but in the end was not really appricated, hell, i had to go to work the next day. So your Welcome.

Well im done ranting, i glad you got your car, fixed, and hope your able to find a way out here to get your car, Sorry you dident like Pittsburgh much. but have fun with your new mod.

Jiffy

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
SubaruWRC said:
Well, the way i understand it is, you were all mad, which is understandable, but you were shifting the blame, for what happened, by blaming everyone else. Hell it was an accident, and ish happened, and we tried to find, the problem, and did for the most part. if i would of done it, i would of felt, even worse, than i did. I wanted to see the car run.

the thing im not really happy about is that, i made a effort to
help someone, but in the end was not really appricated, hell, i had to go to work the next day. So your Welcome.

Well im done ranting, i glad you got your car, fixed, and hope your able to find a way out here to get your car, Sorry you dident like Pittsburgh much. but have fun with your new mod.

Jiffy
come on now jiffy, i was just playin wit ya. i placed all of the blame on myself for being so stupid. i almost learned a very expensive leason. i take full blame for this. i am not blaming this on anybody but myself. i am very thankfull for all of the help you gave me. i was just pissed that the car wasnt up and running when it should have. out of everybody there you helped me the most with the physical install. jiffy you are the man, i dont think that i could have gotten that damn thing in by myself. Amy helped me get over the fact that we were on b15 short coming home, and i hope i helped her out with whatever was on her mind. maybe if amy and i arent in a hurry to get back saturday, and you are off i will take you out and let you hear my bit.ch. Jiffy i aint mad at you, i was mad at brian for taking you and i the long way to wallmart and denny's. i was hungry and pissed, and i think you were the same way. i am over all of this now. once again if i havent said this enough jiffy i was never mad at you. i was just pissed that the bit.ch had to act up again.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We had to take the fucking long way...you saw what happened to amy's car when we took the short way...it scraped and bottomed out all over the place. Fuck..I let you stay at my house, eat my food, use my tools,etc and all you do is treat me, jiffy amy, and my parents like we are shit. I don't care if your car broke..you took all your crap out on us and pissed the hell out of everyone. I found out all the crap you said about me and jiffy. Hope you'll have fun taking the bus here and sleeping on the street since amy can't take you and I'm going out there. No way I'm going to get another weekend ruined.

oh and....
you're welcome

·
Registered
1 Posts
b_tapper said:
We had to take the fucking long way...you saw what happened to amy's car when we took the short way...it scraped and bottomed out all over the place. Fuck..I let you stay at my house, eat my food, use my tools,etc and all you do is treat me, jiffy amy, and my parents like we are shit. I don't care if your car broke..you took all your crap out on us and pissed the hell out of everyone. I found out all the crap you said about me and jiffy. Hope you'll have fun taking the bus here and sleeping on the street since amy can't take you and I'm going out there. No way I'm going to get another weekend ruined.

oh and....
you're welcome

w3rd, lol

Jiffy

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
let me start off by saying that i am sorry you both feel this way. i thought that i was making 2 friends but that doesnt seem to be the case. i am not going to stoop to your guys level because i am more of a man than that. i am sorry if i ruined your guys weekend. that was not my intention and i thank you all for what help and hospitality that i recieved while i was there. I am sorry and i am going to be an adult about this. Thanks for letting me use your tools, the pop, the 2 waffles, and a couch to crash on. i am sorry that you feel this way towards me but i dont hold a grudge and i hope that you can get over this last weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.