B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Isabel is just starting to hit Virginia Beach.. SO far as of the news a minute ago..207,000 people in Va. Beach are without power, guess im lucky here....here are a couple of pics i just took, hope my car does allright....we are only at 70 MPH gusts right now, supposed to hit 100 mile gusts by 1400 est,,,still photos dont do justice to the winds..

late
daryl

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tattude said:
Where in VA bch.?
Is Pepodies)sp) still open? Upstairs bar with the best happy hours on the planet....
peabody's....yeah its still there, but the crowd sucks there...the beach house is the place now....i dont go out though, i just know from my Marines....

Typhoons are way stringer than these atlantic hurricanes...no biggie, i just hate being in an apartment

car cover..ehh too much money..im leavin next summer anyway back to Japan so im saving my dough for my next car..
late
daryl

·
Registered
203 Posts
im sitting here laughing my *** off at the guys on the weather channel in nc falling all over fighting the wind to give a LIVE REPORT FROM THE SCENE! there's no ****ing i would be on the outer banks for anything right now. another hour and looks like its gonna be under water

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
Barricuda said:
im sitting here laughing my *** off at the guys on the weather channel in nc falling all over fighting the wind to give a LIVE REPORT FROM THE SCENE! there's no ****ing i would be on the outer banks for anything right now. another hour and looks like its gonna be under water
two ways of looking at this.. workmans comp or hazardous environment pay ;) **** pay me 80k to go and play in hurrcanes.. ill bring a rope and jacket ;) oh yeah and give me some electrical equipment. ;)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
02SE-R said:
hope yah make it through ok
id love to bere there

im a storm person myself... i enjoy being in a strom

but hope everything comes through
we are having fun also, my wifes from Japan so she is used to the whole cyclone deal, just drinkin wine and beer early in the afternoon..pretty nasty now, just saw a tree blow down the street..okay it was a big branch..

late
daryl

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
You should be ok there. Plus, its a big storm but not a powerful one. Lots of rain but 100mph wind is just a big pain in the *** not much else. Now if it were to hit when it was 160mph you would be and everyone else would be hurting... Good luck...
I lived up there when I was in the navy a few year back. Pretty nice place but I like florida better. ;)

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Power loss

I live in S.E. Pa. I know we are going to lose power (as usual since de-regulation) for at least a day. Just started up my generator in preparation. So at least I'll be able to watch my T.V. use my computer and the wife can can read by electric light. What more could you want. :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i guess now you all can see I live on Virginia Beach BLVD...Im luckiest man right now...as you can see in the pic the power in the street lights on the corner is out, but im still on the net and my beer is still cold..

late
daryl

if dont post in this thread for a day or so, i lost my power..no more pics unless a tree falls over or something cool like that

·
Registered
464 Posts
cburwell said:
The news companies in PA are hypeing this thing to be a storm of biblical proportions. Then there are the people around here who buy into that hype and clear the stores out of milk and bread (These people do the same thing when we get 1" of snow).
LOL the same thing happens here in RI when snow is coming, everyone rushes to the market for milk and bread, and of course they jack the prices up knowing everyone will buy it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm in northern VA, and people are just as crazy with the shopping. Good luck finding D-cell batteries, you won't find them anywhere (I saw a few people picking up the $10 2-pack of Radioshack Rechargables). Bread seems to still be around, but when I went to just get 1 gallon of milk for breakfast, I had to try 3 different stores.

I just hope if the power goes out i can figure out how to hook my sump pump up to a battery =0

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
one person died so far i guess....
"he was swept away and drowned"
i guess the hurricane also produced tornadoes

but you know what I am sick of hearing all this shyt about this damn hurricane.MEDIA HYPE

1 - 20 of 31 Posts