B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok when ever I'm at like a dead stop and I slam the gas thru out 1st & 2nd & I think 3rd I can hit about 7500 rpms??? is that normal or abnormal???Good or bad???

G

·
7,500?? That is strange. The rev-limiter kicks in around 6,500-ish RPM on my car (manual.) Are you manually shifting the car, or just leaving it in "D"?

G

·
I dont think so, unless you mean 6500 rpm. then its normal but if it is shifting at 7500 thats a problem and is probably bad for the engien and the tranny

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's done it only when I accelerate hard...once or twice

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why is the B-15's rev limter set that low I've taken my
B-14 to 7000 quite a few times

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DarKsiDe_SE said:
On a few occasions ive shifted @7100-7200 without hitting the limiter. Doesnt always let me tho...???
Like Josh said it doesn't always happen,,,like I said once or twice.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, it is normal for auto's to suck. ;) In all seriousness though, that's awesome. My stupid stock rev limiter is 7100. Can't wait to get the ECU. Just gotta make up my mind weither to snatch up some JUN cams or do the nitrous.

·
I hide the bodies...
523 Posts
I think they set the limit that low for emissions or fuel puposes. I can't remember. BTW, are you sure your tach is accurate? Some of them display a rather optimistic rpm when they go that high sometimes.

·
Registered
169 Posts
i've banged it off the rev limter at the top of first shifting manualy. it seems that for me the limit is ~6900 rpms.

my old 91 max se would over rev its self (this was very rare). redline was ~6K (so was fuel cut off). it reved its self to 64-6500 on a hard down shift. I don't know why it did because it didn't make any power past 5K....

doc

Sentra Styling said:
Ok when ever I'm at like a dead stop and I slam the gas thru out 1st & 2nd & I think 3rd I can hit about 7500 rpms??? is that normal or abnormal???Good or bad???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts