B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone pls help me out? my gxe got a Disc/Drum braking system...is it possible to change the rear drum into a disc braking system? I am thinking of getting rear braking set from a b15 SE, you guys think this will work?

What else do i need beside:
rear spindlesx2
rear calipersx2
rear rotorsx2
rear padsx2

Is this mod possible? i mean as the SE and gxe got the same body...? will this cost me tons?

G

·
Sure its possible. The question is whether or not its worth it. Forget about buying the parts new from Nissan. It would probably cost you well over 1 grand. YOur best bet would be to scavange a wreck. Honestly, how much do you think this is gonna help you? Under braking, weight transfers to the front of the car. The front brakes provide the majority of the stopping force. Disc brakes dissapate heat better, but I haven't seen anyone road racing a GXE lately. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh......getting a rear disc is just a personal preference...that's why i am wondering how much it will cost me. :D

I like street racing :p and there is at least one in my area...me :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just got the reply from the Courtesy Nissan and this mod will cost me about $800...

hehe now it's the time to think if it really worths it...

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Yea.. probably no advantages since they are the rear. They do look better though. But don't forget they also can be more maintenance intensive ($$$$) if the rotors warp. Like you said personal preference. I have to say though that the SE I have has by the best brakes I have ever had. First of 4 wheel discs I have had-probably no coincedence.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still can't make up my mind...I am getting a set of steel brake lines tho...i think that might help a bit if i am thinking of keeping my drums...:eek: better reaction...?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Start looking for a used setup if you really want to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts