B15 Sentra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just by observing some of his tread locking and comments towards new members makes me thinks hes really anal. Am I just taking stuff the wrong way and hes really a nice guy?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lee? Anal? Nah.......

I have never met Lee personally, but being in the board for quite some time now, I can attest that he is a good guy. It is just that some questions that pop up could have been easily answered by a simple search function.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
No comment about Lee,,that buttmuncher

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

But one thing we really try to stress around here is to use the search function,,,,which no one seems to use at all....You see 1005 different threads all on one topic that has been disscussed 1.5 million times already.....so that's why some of us veterans get a little ticked off...

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
No, he isn't anal, he's fed up. How many times can a intake question be asked or so forth. I suggest many of you newbies to do some searching and just general research on common stuff.

G

·
There are several problems that I have been noticing lately. One is people asking the questions that have been answered time and time before. If you have any question relating to an intake, exhaust or general sentra stuff, chances are that it has been asked before. Use the search function to look for the answers to these commonly asked questions. The second problem is putting topics in the wrong forum. Look at all the moved topics lately!

I think the message is that we have individual forums for a reason. It's a method of organization so that information will be easy to find. Think about what your posting before you post it. Every site is the same. The rules at b15sentra.net are no different than any other automotive site.

If you don't like it, tuff bunny rabbits! :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
:D......well he is the Moderator......you like him or not...he is still the Moderator.....

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
What's the stance on archiving old topics? I know disk space has been a concern...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well newbies are just that---NEWBIES!

treating them like they lack mental competence is not going to get alot of new members on this board, and also says some things about the current people that frequent here now, but hey if yall are happy with the current people here and dont want anymore, dont let em sign up :rolleyes: because newbies DO NOT KNOW what questions have been asked before, and 9 times out of 10 the search function on message boards suck, so they will continue to ask repeat questions.

·
Registered
778 Posts
ooh ooh ooohh!!! when are we gonna get altezzas for our car??? wtf is that whistling noise? nah, im just playing. i have had problems with the search function before but its working alot better and faster now.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
JZ- said:
well newbies are just that---NEWBIES!

treating them like they lack mental competence is not going to get alot of new members on this board, and also says some things about the current people that frequent here now, but hey if yall are happy with the current people here and dont want anymore, dont let em sign up :rolleyes: because newbies DO NOT KNOW what questions have been asked before, and 9 times out of 10 the search function on message boards suck, so they will continue to ask repeat questions.
You know... I think he has a point though. On one hand, the search function is a b*tch to use if you're running a dialup modem. On the other hand, we need to save disk space and bandwidth. Wasn't there an idea way back of putting up a FAQ on the main page?

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
why don't you guys try the search function before knocking it. It is nothing like the one for UBB. Try it and you will be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
david said:
why don't you guys try the search function before knocking it. It is nothing like the one for UBB. Try it and you will be pleasantly surprised.
Actually, I havent had a need to use it, I started this thread because some of the things that I saw lee say to other "newbies"

There was one moron who said something to the effect of newbies suck, normally I would accept that as humor, however there were no smiles or anything to indicate it was such, so I, personally, come to the conclusion that he is a complete moron.

IMHO

·
Registered
222 Posts
I agree with JZ, I wish we were a little more supportive of newbies. I want this BB to keep growing! More people equals more knowledge and ideas. Lee is right however, the new search function is very powerful, it only takes about five seconds to get a result on a dial-up connection. Setting up a FAQ section may not be a bad way to go by now.;)

G

·
I would agree that the FAQ would be a good idea. However, what would it contain? Do we really know enough right now to create a "bible" for everything B15 sentra?

Yeah, we know what performance parts are available, and what they do. We could include a few tips and tricks here and there. Perhaps listing out some of the common ailments the B15 has would be good also.

I guess the first step would be to figure out what the most commonly asked questions are. Certainly these have to be in the list....

Intake Questions

Exhaust Questions

Warranty related aftermarket questions

Technical Questions (windsheild whistling, paint, crappy tires)

Lowering Springs Questions (Who makes em, how much, how low)

Wheel Questions (bolt pattern, offset, how wide, how big)

Tire Questions (what the correct size is for plus sizing ect. ect.)

A Statement about JWT not making an ECU or any other part for us at this time (although cams are on the way :D )

Can anyone think of anything else?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Why can't they just add a Newbie forum. Put all the commonly asked questions in it and make it easier for them to find all the info that we don't want to answer 100 times a day. That way they only have to search in one group of threads to find the basic info that they want to know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't know what everyone else's luck is, but the search function isn't working very well.

Try this: search for "k&n filter" and see the errors spew forth. Or maybe try "cold air intake" and you'll get the same.

Some of these search parameters are so cryptic, you have to know how to write the code before you can make a request.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Actually, I'd think it'd be easier to start a B15 FAQ now, while we don't know much, then add as we go, as opposed to trying to do a whole lot later all at once.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.