B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like the front bumper of the Sentra. Specifically, the horizontal "lines" between the foglights. They remind me of a camry! I think that's why I like the SE-R front, not so much that it is badass, just because it is different.

I think I am buying a new sentra anyways, so I guess i'll just have to live with it, but does anyone else have a problem with the front bumper?

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
The bumper is OK i guess....I mean what do you want,....Its stock! I have a question for ya.... How the hell can you pull the plastic casing off the headlights off. I would like to paint the outer portions black... Can it be done or do i have to get another one and break it off?

·
Registered
72 Posts
i think it the front bumper on our SEs are better for force induction compared to the SE-Rs, don't you think?
i mean it's got a bigger opening which is what you need for the intercooler. just a thought!

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
TOFFEE said:
i think it the front bumper on our SEs are better for force induction compared to the SE-Rs, don't you think?
i mean it's got a bigger opening which is what you need for the intercooler. just a thought!
i was thinking just the opposite ;)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Enemigo said:
The bumper is OK i guess....I mean what do you want,....Its stock! I have a question for ya.... How the hell can you pull the plastic casing off the headlights off. I would like to paint the outer portions black... Can it be done or do i have to get another one and break it off?
Jose bro I looked into doing what your thinking it can be done but let me tell you it'll be a royal pain in the ***...I had my headlight assembly out looking at it and it'll come apart,,cause there is some sort of glue that holds the pieces together but I was way to worried about trying to pull it apart and cracking it,,So I decided not to......

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
I've always had a problem with the front end... *sigh* Just gotta wait for someone to make a good front bumper for us.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I don't know. The SE-R front bumper is really nice...why should we wait for an aftermarket company? Just slap on the SE-R bumper cover...it should fit, right?

As to being called a "wanna-be", previous generation SE's and SE-R's looked pretty much the same. It's always what's under the hood that counts. If the SE-R bumper looks better and if an SE owner can't afford a new SE-R or doesn't want to buy one, then what's wrong with making his car look better with a new bumper? just my opinion.

G

·
That is kinda ricey....as long as you don't do the badges, you might be okay. hehehe. I dunno, I'd do the bumper cover, but unless you find a wreck, you won't want to try to buy one from Nissan. I can only imagine the cost on that. It would be a good mod to do though. You just wouldn't want to kid anyone about owning an Se-r.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's kinda like an Civic EX owner putting on the stock Si front grill. I don't think I will be investing in the SE-R bumper. Sorry, but I think it is kinda ricey; eventhough I prefer it!

·
I am a mother****er
675 Posts
ever thought about doing a custom job on it? Go to a salvage yard and find yourself a spare B15 front end so in case something goes wrong. Alter the spare. cut out lines, grind down the rough edges then get a little bondo or whatever and smooth it all out. Paint. and you have yourself a better looking front. problem solved. later

·
Registered
816 Posts
So does that mean that all B13 owners with spoilers are ricey cuz they're trying to look like an SE-R? Or someone with an B15 SE w/o PP who puts on 16" rims is ricey? I dunno. I just think that there are no nice front ends for B15 sentras out there...if Nissan is the only one who can design a decent looking front end, then why not? Also, it's just the plastic bumper cover. It shouldn't be THAT expensive. I hope.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts