B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound kinda weird, but I was just realizing that pretty soon all of our cars (especially the SE's) are going to be identical in appearance and modifications.

Think about it. How many of you have a Place Racing CAI? How many own a Stromung exhaust? Who intends to buy Unorthadox pullies? Who has money set aside for the Hotshot header? Who has the Stillen Spoiler? Who else is down for a Eibach Spring group deal? Chances are you answered yes to one, or possibly all of those questions.

I was looking at everyone's signatures today, when I realized that they were all the same! Eventually, each of our cars will be a "carbon copy" of other member's vehicles. Perhaps, we should call it the "B15Sentra.net" edition Sentra! :D

Personally, this doesn't bother me, but I know people that get all freaked out if they see another car with the same wheels as their car. What do you guys think?

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Place Racing CAI (eventually)
- Stillen Front Spoiler

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
You know Max, I don't mind that I have the same mods as anyone else on the BB. It would bother me if I had to see them everyday, same mods, maybe even same color! :) I'm going to try to make my car as unique as possible, given the amount of mods are availible to us. I know I'm the only one around these parts with a Stromung Exhaust, which is cool, so people come up to me and ask me what type of exhaust is that. I think of it as an honor to have these mods with the same people that have them here. Does that sound weird? Like Gene's ride, I mean, he has the spoilerette and the Konig's..mine will probably have Axis's and stock grill, but he has the same exhaust and same intake, but his car is an auto, and mine is 5 spd. :)

Overall, there is something different besides the overall mods that we can do, we just have to be unique about it, and don't copy every single thing that they do.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
I think you've nothing to worry about in terms of passing your identical modded car. Nissan sells, what?, ~ 30,000 Sentras a year. There can't be more than 50 regular posters of B15 cars here. That means we each get a state. :)

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2K SE:
I think you've nothing to worry about in terms of passing your identical modded car. Nissan sells, what?, ~ 30,000 Sentras a year. There can't be more than 50 regular posters of B15 cars here. That means we each get a state. :)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is true..heheh.. :)

------------------
Marvin
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
Future mods:pR CAI, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
That would kinda be cool if we could all get a badge made up for our Sentra's that say B15sentra.net and Edition underneath it....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2K SE:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is true,,,,I am representing Rhode Island :D
It's not that there's a ton of sentra's driving around here anyways,,,,I've seen only a few and most of the people are middle aged,,,I saw one kid maybe 16-18 years old...

Here's a little story obut that kid you might chuckle about I did,,,,,He was rolling down the street in his GXE with 2 girls in the car,,and he was in one of those macking poses (you know when they have their faces pressed against the window)and i rolled up behind him banging my stereo so he notices me behind him,,,so he's looking looking and i slam the gas and pull up on the side of him and slow down,,,now they are starring like WOW that's sweet so I gave him a little knod of my head and he returned one as well and i gassed it again to get right in front of him so he could see the www.sentra.net sticker and the Stromung of course and I gunned it and took off......

My girl said I was acting like a jerk does anyone agree?????

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175" TARGET=_blank>*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*
</A> ***My Website***

·
Registered
58 Posts
I guess I will be the only one here then completely stock. The only thing I'm planning on changing is getting better tires :) Other than that I love my car and don't want to change anything else on it!

Eric

------------------
2001 SE, 5spd, PP

[This message has been edited by RadiumSE (edited April 07, 2001).]

·
Registered
446 Posts
Now that I've infected Russ with the Maxima virus there is no stopping me from taking over Texas!!!

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
SS, I don't think you are being a jerk. Yesterday I saw a B14 sentra GXE and this dude driving it thought he was all that. He had his parking lights and aftermarket fogs on and it looked really gay. As far as I could tell he didn't have any mods. Well he kept trying to speed up ,so I did what you did. I pulled up next to him going about 85 looked at him ,laughed and took off. It was so much fun lol

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on order and PRI CAI is comming soon.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
My girl said I was acting like a jerk does anyone agree?????

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naa man, my girl would have said the same thing. Not many modded Sentra's out here that's for sure. :)

Guy drove down the 13 down here with a Heatwave SE with PP, and he gunned it next to me, then I decided to gun it, and we came to a light. I looked at him, and nodded my head and gave him a peace sign, and he smiled. I'm tryin to take over Virginia. :)

------------------
Marvin
Current mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
Future mods:Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, Window Tint

·
Registered
59 Posts
I dont think performance parts matter at all. Exterior things kinda bug me. I used to hate seein another exact replica of my car before i modded it. But if you really wanna be different and actually fabricate parts for your car it gets kinda costly.

------------------
Neil
Visionology Interactive
http://www.visim.com

·
Registered
45 Posts
actually, i think that the most important thing is that WE are different that THEY!

THEY being the rest of the jealous automotive world. when other cars are lacking stock power, we accel! where others lack refinement, we accel! where other lack support from the aftermarket, we accel! where others lack the stares and oohhs and aahhs that we get daily in our little SENTRAs, we accel!

it shouldnt bother anyone that somone else on this board has the same or similar mods as they do, or the same as YOU DO!! it should be seen as the upmost honorable thing to do, to follow the leader. BE LIKE MIKE! we wish to be like those above us and those above us should feel honored that we wanna be like them. take for instance, SENTRA STYLING, i wanna get a Stillen front end like he did. but will he feel jaded cuz im getten the same front end? naw man, he would most likely feel happy for me. glad that he was able to make that kind of positive impression.

if i hadnt discovered this board when i had my 98 Sentra GXE, i probably would have had dreams of making it a friggin rice-burning party-favor-blower-soundin P.O.S.

and dont it feel real damn good to be parked at the lights next to a modded "H" car and the cutie in that ride is checkin out your ride?

feels awefully nice, uh huh. yup it does.

thats just my two cents.
:)

------------------
Please visit my site
OH, i ride in a 2001 SE, color = Jaded, has the Super-Sized Performance-Package, 5 gears, why don't i have a gascap holder? plus its got 16 inch 6 spoke alloy wheels by O.E.M., and a small rubber Radio Shack issued antennae.
in da future i wanna a PR CAI, Stillen front-end, and a nice sexy exhaust note.
Here's my baby

·
Registered
778 Posts
see its not that everybody has the same mods its just that us people who are obsessed with our car come to this site. if all b15 owners came to this site then anybody with a few bolt ons would seem like a god. and btw, i call hawaii! i honestly believe that i have the fastest b15 in hawaii. and if you see anybody on the road with the same mods, act like they idolize your car so much that they wanted to imitate. like all you guys with the stromung exhaust, i am one of your groupies, im gonna have to buy one myself to keep up with the new trends. :)

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Dude we have to split... Winward and leeward... I got a pretty fasty Sentra also..... Its all on the driver..... Call me already! 221-9924

Jose

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Stillen Pop Cone, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, 3A Racing Pedals, Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims,
Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...

·
Registered
778 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enemigo:
Dude we have to split... Winward and leeward... I got a pretty fasty Sentra also..... Its all on the driver..... Call me already! 221-9924

Jose

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
you know im on the leeward side too. i think we gotta duke this out on the race strip...lol. btw man, what happened to the other 2 guys on this forum that were from hawaii? hope you had fun at the show, peace out.

------------------
2000 sentra se
pp, 5spd

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I just gotta say look how unique my SE is! Isn't she a bute? I call Minnesota haven't seen a single SE on the roads yet up here!

------------------
2000 Sentra SE PP Black 5 spd
Just got hit and have to get a new fender!

[This message has been edited by daavikes (edited April 08, 2001).]

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
I think its "bryguy" and "David".. I don'y lmow what happened to them..... i guess they have better things to do than chill with B15sentra.net! :p

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Stillen Pop Cone, 35% Mirror Tint, Custom Made Grill, 3A Racing Pedals, Primax 15" 10 spoke Racing Rims,
Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!...

·
Registered
347 Posts

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

even better two states each,since most of them are from Cali and Forida!

I'll take Louisiana (after a few mods)

------------------
2001 GXE
from a i4.0 to a 1.8?
oh well

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I have Michigan. I rarely see another b15 around and if I do its usually an old lady in a GXE. There is one Black Se w/ PP in my town though and it really sucks, thats why I started modding mine so soon lol.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP
Custom Grilles,Painted Valve Cover,Strut Bar, and Engine Bay Accents. Stromung is on order and PRI CAI is comming soon.

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by daavikes:
I just gotta say look how unique my SE is! Isn't she a bute? I call Minnesota haven't seen a single SE on the roads yet up here!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw one black SE w/ PP in Cincinnati, and a Red SE w/ PP here in Columbus once - it had out of state plates though. I also saw an SE, but didn't have PP.

Since the B15's have been out, those are the _ONLY 2_ SE w/ PP's that I have seen on the road.

There are _alot_ of the early to mid 90 Sentras around here though.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

1 - 20 of 21 Posts