Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anbody tell me where I can find Internals for my 1.8

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
gotta be custom made.

get a piston/rod combo and send it to the aftermarket maker of your choice.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Crower CAN make em, i had emailed them a while ago about aquiring piston and rods for the QG, cant remember all that was said, but i remember that they said they can be made, and from what i remember it was a pretty decent price :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
We can have them custom made as well.

Feel free to give us a call at the shop.

419-474-7992 - Just ask for Jordan!

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
DPR=good :)

however, in order to make internals you need to know what size your pistons are...i.e. the number on the top of each of your pistons corresponds to a different size..........etc.

it's not just "make 'em to _____ bore"

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
chimmike said:
DPR=good :)

however, in order to make internals you need to know what size your pistons are...i.e. the number on the top of each of your pistons corresponds to a different size..........etc.

it's not just "make 'em to _____ bore"
can you tell me the size for my reference, thanks!!

·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
haha mike always makin people go the extra mile..

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
all motor=waste.

you can't get enough extra power outta higher compression using 93 octane gas for it to be worthwhile. the moment you raise compression higher, you need race gas, because the car will detonate on 93 octane.

it's been discussed before...search on it.

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
11,651 Posts
I have never understood this.. and since i am bored im simply going to throw it out there.

Why is it that all motor= waste of money.

Since when is high compression automaticly RACE gas?

CAn you explain what it is your talking about???

doesnt TURBO automaticallly = race gas???

·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
no if u wanna run high boost on a turbo then ull use race gas... most turbo people just use high octance unleaded gas. from wut i understand

·
In Search Of Twins
508 Posts
probably anything above 20psi.. im not exactly sure.. all depends also on what turbo you have cause some wont last too long at those high boost numbers... wheres mikes whore ***** at he knows all of this

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
I'm talking on the QR25....it has big enough detonation issues using 93 octane at 9.5:1 compression levels.....raise it to 10.5:1, can you really see using 93 octane being safe? And what kind of hp would you gain on a QR25 just raising 1 compression point? maybe 5-6?

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
33truballa33 said:
probably anything above 20psi.. im not exactly sure.. all depends also on what turbo you have cause some wont last too long at those high boost numbers...
well per se you run 20psi on a t3/t4 you'll probably need race gas....example: Mike Kojima's built classic....he used C12 with 21psi on a t3/t4 and got 37x whp, but said it had "rough combustion" or something. Not quite detonation but close. Now assuming your QR is 9.5:1 compression, built, running a t3/t4 to 20-21psi, I can't see it being possible to run on 93............Kojimas beast would detonate like hell with 93.

anyways it's been proven before that n/a is the rich man's way to try to make power. On a V8 it's great.................but these 4cyls require insane amounts of money to make power.

on the QR, like Trav said, to make it high revving would require a custom forged crank, new stronger valvetrain, new pistons/rods..........that's a fast few grand right there just to make it rev higher than most trucks.

I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm saying, these kids always talk all motor, but few of them even have the money for bolt ons, let alone the monetary dedication an all motor setup would require. And when I say all motor, I don't mean just bolt ons......i mean, all motor work.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I find it interesting that a certain D16A6 motor can go from 9.1:1 up to 11:1 pistons and run on pump gas. ;)

·
Registered
501 Posts
chimmike said:
but these 4cyls require insane amounts of money to make power.
Try saying that to the SR20VE :)
chimmike said:
I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm saying, these kids always talk all motor, but few of them even have the money for bolt ons, let alone the monetary dedication an all motor setup would require. And when I say all motor, I don't mean just bolt ons......i mean, all motor work.
This, I totally agree with.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts