B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't really a modification, but I wasn't sure where else to post this question... I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a plastic cleaner or treatment that will remove the scrapes and scratches from the b15 interior. I've scratched my dash with as little as a fingernail and it's left a mark! I've got scratches on my kick panels from people getting in and out, scratches on the dash just above the coin box, and a scratch on the visor just above instrument panel, where I once placed my keys! I havn't been able to remove these scratches with any of the car interior cleaners that I've got (just the standard stuff found at Target). My last few cars were Toyota Celicas, which had dashes made of a much softer material, so I never encountered this problem before.

Thanks in advance for your help!

------------------
2001 Sentra SE/Perf. Pkg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you have the grey or black interior, try this stuff called black magic, it work great, or wipe down the scratches with armor all, and let it sit for abot 15 min. then wipe it off with a damp clean cloth. If either product produce too much shine for you, wipe it down with the damp cloth untill you get the disired shine.

------------------
"if it isn't broke, modify it."

·
Registered
104 Posts
I definitely have had the same problems with my interior. I just use, like James said, a bunch of Armor All, and that normally takes good care of it, unless it was really deep in there.

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'll let the Armor All soak in a bit longer... Today, the longest I waited was three minutes, and it looked much like it did when I started... only wetter. The scratches were still there. I'll pick up some of that black magic next time I'm at the store and give that a shot as well...

------------------
Granite 2001 Sentra SE w/PP

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Oh please don't continue to use Armor All.

Notice how it turns your tires brown? Notice how it lasts 2 days?

Guess what it's doing to your interior. It's pulling out the natural lubricants that keep the vinyl/rubber/etc. looking good as new, thereby causing them to crack and rot.

As for the marks, I don't know if they'll come out. Most of the marks on the kick panels came of with the stuff I used (Zaino), but I think it was just dirt on them. I have one right above the glove box from the g/f putting her foot on it to tie her shoe. It won't go away.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2K SE:

Guess what it's doing to your interior. It's pulling out the natural lubricants that keep the vinyl/rubber/etc. looking good as new, thereby causing them to crack and rot.

As for the marks, I don't know if they'll come out. Most of the marks on the kick panels came of with the stuff I used (Zaino), but I think it was just dirt on them. I have one right above the glove box from the g/f putting her foot on it to tie her shoe. It won't go away.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm with you on this one Armor all sucks!!!!!!!!

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Y2K SE:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't doubt you bro, but I've been using Armor All for a very long time in all of my parent's cars and my brothers, and three of mine, and it doesn't seem do mess anything up in the interior. In fact, I used Armor All for my old GXE of 5 years, and when people still look at it today, they still think it's brand new, without the Armor All on. Also, I don't use Armor All for tires, I use Meguiar's High Gloss Tire Gel. :)

Zaino? Got a website or a number? I want to try this stuff out for sure man! :) Thanks a lot.

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
There's a place in my area that is a plastic company that fabricates all kind of plastics and what not and they have a plastic scratch remover/polish....

I currently use it on my headlights and fog lights and it helps them from turning that milky color,,plus it helps the removal of scratches and stuff...You can buy their poilish online thru the website www.modernplastics.com

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts